Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Computer Science
- Salary Package: From $70,781 to $96,655 P.a., plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Type: Full-time, fixed-term (3 years)
- Macquarie University (North Ryde) location
We are seeking one Postdoctoral Fellow to join a team of world-renowned researchers to work on developing innovative and key techniques for enabling dynamic graph mining and its social networks analysis. This position will be supported by a funded joint CRP grant between Macquarie University and Data61. The expected outcomes of this project include innovative solutions to identify the
relationships in the context of the information network spam detection and develop dynamic graph mining techniques in multi-source information networks. The successful applicant will work closely with Prof. Jian Yang, Prof. Michael Sheng and Dr Jia Wu in the Department of Computing, Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia; also, with Dr Alex Collins, Dr Surya Nepal and Dr Cecile Paris from Data61.
You will have completed a PhD in Computer Science or a relevant discipline. You will have a strong background in in one of the areas: Graph Mining, Social Networks, Multi-Source Data Mining and Large-scale Information Networks, Deep learning, Machine Learning. You will have an excellent track record of research outputs in high quality conferences and journals. If you are a team player with a proactive nature, then this is a role you will thrive in and a research group you will enjoy working with.
The Department of Computing is committed to excellence in terms of its teaching, research, and industry and external collaborations. Being located at the northern end of Sydney’s ‘Silicon Valley’, the Department enjoys the advantages of a large green field campus in the hub of Sydney’s IT industry.
The Department of Computing aims to elevate the international standing of scientific and technological research that is already well established at Macquarie University. For more information about the department please visit www.comp.mq.edu.au.
To be considered for this position applications must respond to the selection criteria below and attach as a separate document in the application process.
- A PhD degree awarded or to be awarded in Computer Science or related disciplines
- Research experience in one of the areas: Graph Mining, Social Networks, Multi-Source Data Mining and Large-scale Information Networks, Deep learning, Machine Learning
- An excellent research track record in related areas as evidenced by research publications in high quality conferences (i.e. CORE A/A* conferences) and journals
- A well-developed written and oral communication skills
- A track record of working on research projects both individually and in a team-based environment
- Experience in project management and HDR supervision
Specific Role Enquiries: Professor, Jian Yang on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Tuesday, 11 December 2018 at 11:55 pm AEST
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.