Provide strategic leadership in the creation and implementation of comprehensive communication initiatives that promote an engaging culture and conveys the value of working at Duke University Hospital. Design, develop and deliver meaningful and relevant messages and experiences that connect our employees with the mission of the organization, using a variety of contemporary mechanisms and vehicles.
- Develop, direct and implement communication plans and strategies for Duke University Hospital that promote the employee value proposition.
- Direct the creative and production aspects of all audio, video ands written forms of communication. Develop and coordinate the production and dissemination of information pertinent to Duke University Hospital leadership and staff using various mechanisms and vehicles.
- Partner and collaborate with other health system communications colleagues to coordinate and deliver key initiatives.
- Plan and provide counsel and coaching to Duke University Hospital senior leaders, VPs, AVPs, ACNOs and staff on effective use of communications. Recommend courses of action to Duke University Hospital leaders for improving communication approaches.
- Negotiate and prepare proposals for new communication-related projects
- Engage vendors and other resources as necessary to ensure on-time and on budget delivery
- Act as liaison, on occasion, between Duke University Hospital and local government and community leaders as needed.
Requisition Number 401518073
Duke Entity DUKE HOSPITAL
Job Code 5127 DIR, COMMUNICATIONS
Job Family Level G2
Full Time / Part TimeFULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Work requires communication, analytical and organizational skills generally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program in Journalism, Communications, English or a related discipline.
Work requires six years of experience in writing, public relations,communications or a related discipline to include a minimum of two years of experience in the health care field. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Auto req ID 106839BR