Curation and Digital Services Section Head
Department Name QU Press, Research and Graduate Studies
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Curation and Digital Services Section Head of QU Press will be responsible for the website and software development, maintenance and upgrade. He/she will be responsible for establishing archiving procedures (for publication files), life-cycle plans for hardware, and handling routine needs of the Press staff. He/she will be responsible to develop the website and content management of QU Press website. He/she and the team will export the Press’s publication metadata to the website and industry online distribution channels. He/she will set-up the database for handling all the back-office operations of the press (production costs, production scheduling, acquisitions, accounts receivable/accounts payable, rights, permissions royalties, inventory, CMS, sales and marketing). He/she will also will handle and oversee any other ITS and archiving requirements for the Press.
- To develop the website, maintain and upgrade its services in order to improve the website viewer experience and benchmark it with leading international presses’ websites.
- To handle and oversee the content management system (CMS) of the website.
- To develop the editorial and production softwares in order to meet international publishing standards.
- To ensure software update and maintenance including feeding the system with standard letters.
- To create an archiving system that ensures compatibility with major external libraries and distribution systems.
- To develop ways to ease marketability and promotion of articles, journals, books and other products through social media and other online distribution agencies.
- To handle the application of online sales and payment system that can easily track sales, revenues, and inventories.
- To manage and lead the work of Digital Curator and Website Designer.
- To assist QU Press employees with other IT enquiries.
Education and Certifications:
- Advanced IT Studies, Master degree is preferred
- Arabic (required)
- English (required)
- Minimum of 9 years of experience in ITS for a library, within a University research related or library setting.
- To demonstrate high knowledge and interest in IT technologies and website development.
- To demonstrate knowledge in advanced operational and management publishing softwares.
- To demonstrate knowledge and interest in publishing presses’ operations and softwares.
- Experience in customer service in a library or publishing press.
- Curriculum Vitae with cover letter.
- Experience Certificates.
- At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- Competitive tax-free salary.
- Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
- Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
- Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
- Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
Job Category Non-Academic
End Date of Advertisment 06-Jan-2019