Section Head of Sales, Marketing and Distribution
Department Name Research and Graduate Studies
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher education with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff body.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Section Head of Sales, Marketing and Distribution will be responsible to create, implement and oversee marketing campaign for the Press. He/she will be required to organize and attend events for the Press. He/she will advise on pricing structures of books, subscriptions and revenue generating services. He/she will oversee and audit the sales and distribution operations. He/she is required to create marketing plans and strategies that are aligned with the target audience of the Press. He/she is required to build network with prospect partners, collaborators and agencies in order to increase the possibility to expand the market segment of the Press. To create objectives to attract and increase readership, through personal sales approach, conference participation, placement of advertisements, writing of press releases and newsletters, social media and other means.
- To prepare a marketing, sales and distribution plan.
- To prepare marketing, advertising and media campaigns
- To draft and review marketing communications for the promotion of the Press locally and internationally by all possible and available means including website content, videos, etc...
- To draft and review press releases, advertisement and promotional videos.
- To organize events and activities that improve the corporate image and branding of the Press.
- To appropriately network with prospect direct and indirect partners, collaborators, authors and other stakeholders.
- To propose pricing structures for revenue generating activities.
- To work with subscriptions, agents, vendors, indexing and abstracting services, and libraries to ensure that the pricing and format of journals are communicated.
- To work with institutions and libraries and to create co-publishing agreements or distribution agreements inside and outside of the Gulf region.
- To oversee and audit the sale and distribution activities whether online or face-to-face.
- To liaise with all other sections of QU Press in order to have information on new publications, projects and initiatives to be promoted
- To liaise with the finance section in order to agree on quotations pricing structures.
- To liaise with the ITS in order to make sure books, articles and publishing services are well promoted on the website.
- To design, edit and produce marketing collaterals including brochures, newsletters, flyers, gift items etc…
- To handle the social media of QU Press to promote new publications, projects and initiatives.
- To produce promotional videos for the Press in collaboration with other sections of the Press.
- To make use of relevant web metrics and readership data such as page-views, most cited and read articles, etc… in order to align objectives and strategies.
- To perform and manage any other related activities to the sales and marketing process of the Press.
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor or Master degree in business administration, media, advertising or related fields.
- Arabic (required)
- English (required)
- Additional languages is an advantage
- A minimum of 9 years of experience in sales, marketing and communications, preferably in a university setting.
- Previous related work experience in a publishing press, journal or magazine.
- Demonstrates leadership skills and the ability to productively and skillfully manage a team.
- Demonstrates the ability to professionally connect with prospect authors and collaborators with the Press within Qatar and beyond.
- Multilingualism is an advantage.
- Curriculum Vitae with cover letter.
- Experience Certificates.
- At least three references including contact numbers and email addresses.
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- Competitive tax-free salary.
- Housing allowance in accordance with HRM Law.
- Annual round trip air tickets for candidate and dependents according to HRM Law.
- Public health care and health insurance to candidate and family members.
- Annual leave in accordance with HRM Law.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
- A three-year renewable contract.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Tax-free salary.
- Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual round trip air tickets for faculty member and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
- Educational allowance for candidate's children (eligible candidates only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
- Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
- End-of-contract indemnity.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website (https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it to apply for an open Position.
Job Category Non-Academic
End Date of Advertisment 06-Jan-2019