Perform administrative and secretarial duties of a complex and confidential nature in support of Duke AHEAD to relieve supervisor of clerical and administrative responsibilities and to maintain efficiency of office operations.
- Screen and route mail and documents, including electronic communications from the Duke AHEAD email account; determine which to respond to or which to bring to supervisor's attention based on content of communication and knowledge of departmental programs and activities. Handle other communications as assigned.
- Organize and maintain Duke AHEAD membership database to include keeping member records up-to-date, ensuring renewals have been processed, adding new members to list serve and website; compile and summarize data regarding members and assist in preparing regular and special reports requiring analysis and evaluation of data as requested.
- Clear corporate card expenses for Duke AHEAD director and coordinator.
- Assist with purchasing when necessary.
- Arrange for and schedule appointments and meetings for AHEAD subcommittees including reservation of rooms; transmit instructions and/or information to and from members as necessary; assist director with travel as needed.
- Arrange catering when appropriate. Create itineraries for guest speakers including scheduling transportation, arranging hotel reservations and various support of guest speakers.
- Update website on a regular basis. Assist supervisor and Archives staff with newly formed Duke AHEAD repository.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Requisition Number 401518276
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code 708 STAFF ASST
Job Family Level 07
Full Time / Part Time PART TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a broad knowledge of clerical and accounting principles and practices normally acquired through two years of post secondary education in secretarial science or a related business field.
Work generally requires two years of related secretarial/clerical experience to acquire skills necessary to administer office functions related to office management, communications, and budgetary/accounting activities.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID 106860BR