Accurately execute administrative and secretarial duties of a complex and confidential nature in support of major departmental or divisional activities to relieve supervisor of varied clerical and administrative responsibilities and to maintain efficiency in organizational operations.
- Provide administrative support to three Nicholas Institute Programs.Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating travel arrangements – airfare, hotel, transportation,etc. - both domestic and international.
- Oversee Directors’ registration for conferences, meetings and events.
- Schedule and coordinate arrangements for meetings, seminars, conferences, and events.
- Arrange travel, and coordinate meeting schedules for special guests of program director.
- Timely execution of all Procurement Card and reimbursement expense reports.
- Accurately and efficiently manage Directors’ schedules; ensuring that Outlook calendar entries are complete and up-to-date.
- Coordinate any logistics necessary associated with Directors’ faculty working groups.
- Assist in the preparation of travel and reimbursement documentation for staff and visitors as requested.
Also, clearly communicate reimbursement instructions for meeting attendees when applicable.Assist with project budget management, including tracking event costs in an effort to help the Grants Manager monitor costs associated with specific grant codes. Use expense tracking to develop budget projections for future events. May be assigned small research projects to support programmatic work.Assist in managing annual program expenses through understanding budgeted funds, inventory management, ordering and utilization of resources including supplies and service requests.Organize on and off-site information sessions, webinars;prepare external Web Ex meetings as needed including, set-up,run and provide technical support during the actual webinar. Distribute chat feed, convert webinar recordings into MP4fileforfurther distribution.Control and maintain efficient operations for Nicholas Institute facilities. Make maintenance requests with the University and outside vendors as needed.Keep supplies sufficiently stocked and equipment maintained in good working order.
- Plan, coordinate and administer activities for three assigned program areas;provide administrative support by providing program management for events such as conferences,forums, seminar series, and board meetings.
- Budget for, and coordinate program conferences, forums, seminar series, board meetings, and other events;coordinate new ideas for research events, including materials and resources to supplement and/or expand existing events.
- Provide cost analysis for external events; contact various vendors to place RFPs and to seek out competitive bids with as few financial guarantees as possible. Submit contractual agreements to financial team for review prior to submittal.
- Provide management for events as appropriate to ensure facilities are properly prepared according to program needs for each conference, forum, seminar series, board meeting, and/or other event.
- Coordinate speaker schedule with available classroom and available space schedule;advertise speaking engagement around campus and within departments as appropriate; schedule and distribute speaker itinerary schedule; coordinate speaker dining engagements; and process honorariums, check request and travel reimbursements for guest speakers
- Oversee the preparation and execution of events; plan and schedule work assignments to ensure proper coverage.
- Contact representatives of Duke auxiliary and service components to discuss and schedule event requirements;obtain approvals and signatures, and forward documents as needed for the provision of services.
- Coordinate special events and student assistants involved in facility event support activities; provide general assistance to directors regarding events; and assist with scheduling as requested.
- Coordinate arrangements with guest to include extending invitations,and negotiating various provisions and payments as requested by directors to ensure guest special requirements are met.
- Coordinate technical arrangements for conferences, forums, seminar series, board meetings, and other events in departmental and rental spaces; and resolve conflicts related to technical set up, as needed
- Confer with special events sponsors and collaborators to determine needs; provide sponsor/collaborators with shared resources cost estimates of events; review and interpret any rules,regulations and policies that apply to the conduct of an event; prepare schedules, seating plans and schematics as needed.
- Modify event plans and schedules and notify appropriate personnel of changes; follow up to ensure all contractual services are provided as planned.
- Coordinate public relations activities to include promotional materials, publications,ads and fliers.
- Maintain liaison with other programs, institutes and departments at Duke to coordinate program business and to accomplish program objectives; interface with external organizations as appropriate to ensure cooperative efforts are developed.
- Develop and disseminate surveys using electronic devices and portals;compile and perform intermediary analysis of survey results for programs.
- Organize information sessions, webinars and other special events at off-site locations.Serve as NI liaison to United Nations,specifically in regards to their annual Conference of Parties(COP).
- Distribute COP instructions and reminders sent by the United Nations to designated Duke contacts.
- Manage email responses and solicit participant information for final entry into the registration system.
- Coordinate student involvement and group lead/NGO head for trip.
- Handle travel and hotel arrangements, as well as special event coordination on behalf of NI staff attending event.
- Coordinate communication with students who attend COPs on behalf of Duke and the NI.Provide back up support for the Nicholas Institute Administrative Program Coordinator and Nicholas Institute Director.
Requisition Number 401516638
Duke Entity UNIVERSITY
Job Code 476 STAFF ASST
Job Family Level 09
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a broad knowledge of clerical and accounting principles and practices normally acquired through two years of post-secondaryeducation in secretarial science or a related business field.
Work generally requires four years of related secretarial/clerical experience to acquire skills necessary to administer complex officefunctions related to office management, communications, andbudgetary/accounting activities.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID 106780BR