Assistant Professor, Educational Leadership
How to Apply
All application materials must be submitted electronically as a single PDF . To apply, submit a letter of application specifying qualification´s for the position; curriculum vita; teaching statement; samples of syllabi; research statement; a relevant scholarly writing sample (publications in journal articles, book chapters, books or other); and names/contact information of three references to Educational Leadership Search Committee, c/o Lori Rathbun, Education Department, University of Michigan-Flint, Department of Education, 303 East Kearsley Street, 430 French Hall, Flint, MI 48502-1950 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applications will begin January 7, 2019 and continue until the position is filled.
The Education Department at the University of Michigan-Flint is seeking to fill the position of Assistant Professor in Educational Leadership. We are looking for a creative, visionary, collaborative and energetic faculty member for our innovative Education Specialist and Doctor of Education Programs in Educational Leadership. Responsibilities will include teaching (including teaching online, research and publishing, and service to the university and community).
- An earned doctorate in educational leadership, educational administration, or closely related field (ABD candidates will be considered as long as the dissertation is successfully defended prior to employment start date)
- An established or emerging research agenda with evidence of successful scholarship
- professional experiences in educational leadership
- Experience working with a variety of constituencies including administrators, teachers and community partners
- Demonstrated understanding of theories of educational leadership as well as of trends and issues in curriculum and instruction
- Evidence of teaching expertise with quantitative, qualitative, mixed methods and/or applied methods is strongly desired
- Candidates with university-level teaching experience, online teaching experience, and successful central office experience in P-12 school systems are preferred, as are candidates who are qualified to teach university courses in other education-related subject areas.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.