Perform under supervision a variety of technical duties related to the preparing and dispensing of drugs according to standard procedure.
- Prepare intravenous admixtures or other sterile products (including chemotherapy and parenteral nutrition).
- Fill physician orders/prescriptions, medication carts, or stock requisitions.
- Deliver medications and supplies to patient care and ancillary areas.
- Answer telephones and directs calls to appropriate personnel.
- Enter charges and credits for patient medications.
- Enter medication orders/prescriptions into the pharmacy computer system.
- Provide technical support for automated equipment (Pyxis Robotics).
- Maintain logs, records and other required documentation. File documentation in the appropriate location.
- Complete and document all assigned medication storage area inspections at least monthly. Identify and replace outdated and unusable drugs.
- Monitor assigned quality improvement indicators of individual or departmental performance.
- Stock medications and supplies; package medications as required for dispensing.
- Perform other related duties incidental to work described herein.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of drug names, basic math, medical terminology, basic computer skills.
- Ability to compound medications and admix intravenous products including antineoplastic drugs under the supervision of a pharmacist.
- Ability to work rotating shifts.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Level Characteristics N/A
Requisition Number 101001168
Duke Entity DUKE REGIONAL HOSPITAL
Job Code 4120 PHARMACY TECH I
Job Family Level C1
Full Time / Part Time PRN
Regular / Temporary Regular
High school diploma or equivalent and completion of a certified pharmacy technician training program or acceptance into pharmacy school or two years experience acquired on the job (hospital setting preferred)
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Must be eligible for registry with the NC Board of Pharmacy
Auto req ID 106854BR