HR & Operations Assistant
Stanford University School of Medicine is world renowned for leading edge education, research, patient care and medical advancements. The department of Educational Programs and Services (EPS) within the School of Medicine is seeking a highly energetic and collaborative HR & Operations Assistant. This position will join the HR & Operations team and will coordinate and respond to a variety of HR and administrative operations issues. The ideal candidate is someone who is customer service oriented, attentive to detail, knowledgeable about HR policies and procedures, and possesses the ability to work proactively and change course rapidly as priorities shift.
Job Code: 4102
*This position is not scheduled to move to Stanford Redwood City
- Respond to inquiries, and determine and take appropriate action as required. Provide first line support for HR/Operations related questions and front desk administration.
- Perform human resources transactional support, including time cards, I-9s, Peoplesoft HRIS transactions, and personnel file maintenance.
- Perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating conferences, seminars, and events, including recommending vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, coordinating logistics, and serving as liaison with internal and external vendors.
- Draft and/or generate routine communications; coordinate production (formatting, copying, etc.) and dissemination of documents, such as presentations, training handouts and materials, complex reports, brochures, and web displays.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) based on consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Process and monitor routine financial transactions, which may include researching and resolving discrepancies.
- Maintain office supplies and equipment; obtain vendor quotations, as needed. Assist with office moves.
- May serve as a point of contact for general maintenance, health and safety, and other facility concerns within the unit(s); report any incidents or potential safety problems to appropriate representatives. Track completion of required training.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience with Stanford University policies and procedures, or previous experience an academic or health care setting
- Familiarity with Stanford Oracle financial systems
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- High school diploma and three years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing routine tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
*- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
About Stanford University
Stanford University, located between San Francisco and San Jose in the heart of California’s Silicon Valley, is one of the world’s leading teaching and research universities. Since its opening in 1891, Stanford has been dedicated to finding solutions to big challenges and to preparing students for leadership in a complex world.
Supporting that mission is a staff of more than 10,000 which is rooted in a culture of excellence and values innovation, collaboration, and life-long learning. To foster the talents and aspirations of our staff, Stanford offers career development programs, competitive pay that reflects market trends and benefits that increase financial stability to promote health, fulfilling lives. An award-winning employer, Stanford offers an exceptional setting for professionals looking to advance their careers.
Stanford University is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to recruiting and hiring qualified women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.