University Property Administrator
PMO is seeking a University Property Administrator:
Stanford is a recognized industry leader in property management. Our Property Management Office, within the Office of Research Administration at Stanford University, is responsible for the management of nearly $1B of University capital equipment, research property associated with Sponsored Projects, and other tangible property for which the University is accountable. We provide you a stimulating and rewarding environment, with continuous opportunity to work with many individuals across campus. We seek to provide you with various resources to enable success and career growth. While currently located on the Stanford campus, our new location on the Stanford Redwood City campus is scheduled to open in 2019.
Reporting to the Director of the Property Management Office (PMO), the University Property Administrator is part of a team who services, guides, and communicates all aspects of property management. In this role, you will lead, facilitate and monitor compliance risk to ensure effective management of personal tangible property (e.g. equipment) owned by or otherwise accountable to Stanford. Essential skills include knowledge of the equipment life cycle management principles, asset accounting, and understanding of regulatory compliance. Familiarity with the Stanford environment and culture is beneficial.
Your responsibilities include:
- Representing PMO as liaison and first point of contact responding to inquiries, identifying solutions and taking appropriate action as required.
- Serving as information resource and mentor to Department Property Administrators (DPAs).
- Displaying your organizational skills by coordinating logistics, information, and materials while collaborating with DPAs and other personnel involved with property management.
- Reviewing and analyzing data, generating reports, evaluating performance trends; and recommending improvements or solutions as needed.
- Processing transactions in an accurate and timely manner.
- Interpreting policies; revising and implementing procedures to ensure current, accurate and complete equipment records.
- Participating in outreach activities that include composing, formatting, preparing, and distributing routine communications for events, training, and meetings.
- Directing staff as needed in the performance of various tasks and assignments.
- Flexibility in completing any other assigned duties.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Understanding of methodologies and industry standards for equipment life-cycle management.
- Familiarity with government property management regulations and guidelines.
- Intermediate level of accounting skills.
- Excellent customer service and social skills.
- Organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Being a self-starter; taking initiative and ownership of projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability in making effective decisions.
- Experience working independently or within a group.
- Proficiency in use of computer applications and cloud-based information sharing platforms. Familiarity with Oracle-based financial applications and Sunflower Assets preferred.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field and three years of relevant experience, or combination thereof.
- NPMA Property Management Certification, or ability to obtain within one year of hire.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
Why Stanford is for You:
- Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. Our new expansion to a Stanford Redwood City campus is scheduled to open in 2019. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow through career development programs, Tuition reimbursement, TedTalks, or listening to a renowned author or global leader.
- A caring culture that includes superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you with hundreds of available health or fitness classes, world-class exercise facilities, and excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun as you stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources including free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to apply:
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application.
Your cover letter should briefly describe your background in customer service and provide examples of your experience with attention to detail, responsiveness, and decision-making.