Patient Service Associate
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Intake Coordinator is responsible for daily management of incoming referrals received both from UMHS clinicians across the health system, UM employees, students, and community members. Management of these referrals includes entering referrals received from MiChart into ClinicTracker, assessing clients for tobacco treatment program enrollment, and scheduling clients for their initial appointment. In addition to the management of our referral system, the Intake Coordinator will also conduct follow-up calls for clients.
- Entry of referrals from MiChart into ClinicTracker database
- Accurate documentation and data entry in both MiChart and ClinicTracker
- Conduct referral calls to either physician or self-referred individuals interested in quitting tobacco
- Document referral call outcome
- Screening and consultation
- Follow-up calls
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED required. 2-3 years’ experience in customer service.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated active listening, excellent verbal and written skills, and information technology skills.
- Ability to enter a substantial amount of data while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Candidate must be an active team player and be able to work independently.
- Bachelor’s degree in counseling, psychology, social work, nursing, public health/health education or related field.
- Professional counseling experience, with knowledge of substance use disorders is desired.
This position is for the MHealthy Tobacco Consultation Service located at 2025 Traverwood Drive.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.