Senior Lecturer or Lecturer in Mathematics, Physics and Electrical Engineering
The Faculty of Engineering and Environment is passionate about the principles and applications of Science and Technology in all its forms and is committed to excellence in research, teaching and innovation.
Working within the Department of Mathematics, Physics and Electrical Engineering, we seek to appoint excellent candidates who can enhance one or more of our departmental disciplines. The Department has particular strengths in Mathematics of Complex and Nonlinear Phenomena, Applied Statistics, Solar Physics, Smart Materials and Surfaces, Renewable Energy Technologies and Materials, Electrical Power and Control Systems, and Optical Communications, though we will consider high-quality applications in any relevant area.
You must hold a first degree and be qualified, or soon to be qualified, to Doctoral level in a relevant discipline, and have subject expertise with specialist knowledge gained through research activity, professional practice or consultancy. Proven ability to deliver high-quality research-led teaching within an appropriate field is essential. Membership (or eligibility for membership) of a relevant professional body is desirable.
For informal enquiries about this post please contact Professor James McLaughlin, Director of Research, on +44 (0)191 227 3667 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr Richard Binns, Head of Department on +44 (0)191 227 3670 or email@example.com
For more information about the Department please visit their homepage at
To apply for this vacancy please click on the following link: https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/work-for-us/job-vacancies/academic-478-lecturer-or-senior-lecturer
Northumbria University takes pride in, and values, the quality and diversity of our staff. We welcome applications from all members of the community. The University holds an Athena SWAN Bronze award in recognition of our commitment to improving employment practices for the advancement of gender equality and is a member of the Euraxess network, which delivers information and support to professional researchers.
More searches like this
- Permanent Engineering & Technology Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Permanent Mathematics & Statistics Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Permanent Physical Sciences Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Permanent Electrical & Electronic Engineering Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Permanent Physics & Astronomy Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Newcastle Upon Tyne