Clinical Technical Assistant
Perform a variety of duties to assist the technical staff in department operations.
- Provide technical assistance by assisting with movement of patients to and from radiographic tables.
- Clean assigned work area and equipment, stock radiographic rooms with supplies and stock clean linen, dispose of soiled laundry.
- Provide transport of non-oxygen and oxygen patients to and from various hospital locations.
- Pick up and deliver specimens, equipment, supplies, and messages as directed.
- Assist technologists with duties related to completion of imaging procedures including but not limited to assisting with dressing and undressing and positioning patients for specific procedures.
- Respond to patient calls promptly and check on patients according to department procedures.
- Assist technologist with procedure performance. Move and set up radiographic equipment in non-sterile setting.
- Provide general patient care according to departmental procedures; administer to emotional and physical needs of patients; respond to patient request promptly.
- Provide prompt and courteous response to needs and requests of patients, family and visitors and to respond to questions politely with clear, accurate information.
- Compile, record, maintain and file information as requested for accurate and up-to-date patient and departmental records/reports; ticket-to-ride and maintain travel logs.
- Initiate calls and contact appropriate personnel to obtain or provide emergency services when a critical situation arises and demands immediate attention.
- Monitor the medical status of patients in Radiology.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein. Level II: In addition to Level 1 activities above...
- Set up and clean imaging rooms. - Set up instruments and equipment for specific procedures.
- Enter patient data on radiographic studies into computer. - Assist technical staff with patient prep for interventional procedures.
- Schedule patients for procedures as requested.
- Assist technologist with procedure performance. Move and set up radiographic equipment in sterile setting, set up sterile trays for procedures.
- Clean non-disposable equipment with appropriate solution.
- Label and wrap instruments for sterilization. - Assist technologists with processing of images.
- Perform charging of procedures as directed.
- Assist radiographic staff with completion of radiographic studies by entry of patient data into computer; move equipment; record patient information on appropriate images; maintain effective coordination of activities with others.
- Monitor inventory levels of requisite supplies; order and organize stock so that it is properly maintained and to avoid loss due to expiration.
- Set up special procedure trays and equipment using sterile techniques or as appropriate to the setting. Assist medical and technical staff with patient preparation.
- Process images and copy film, as requested.
- Clean instruments and equipment as required.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to perform the heavy lifting required in the movement of patients and the transport of patients in either wheelchairs, stretchers or beds.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Patient transport safety training
- Ability to perform complex tasks
- Ability to perform the heavy lifting required in the movement of patients and the transport of patients in either wheelchair, stretchers or beds.
Level Characteristics N/A
Requisition Number 401514738
Duke Entity DUKE RALEIGH HOSPITAL
Job Code 4033 CLINICAL TECH ASSISTANT
Job Family Level B1
Full Time / Part Time PART TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Level 1Work requires the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions. High School diploma or equivalent.Level 2 Work requires the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions. High School diploma or equivalent.
Level I Completion of the patient transport safety training program with 30 days of hire.Level II- Completion of Transport Safety Training program - Two years experience as a Clinical Tech Assistant I
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Level I BLS Level II BLS
Auto req ID 106639BR