Medical Assistant, Certified
Perform routine administrative and patient care supportive duties in a Health System medical practice to assist medical and/or nursing staff in the examination and treatment of patients and ensure office runs smoothly.
- Greet patients
- Complete intake process (ex. vital signs, prepare patient for their visit, medication reconciliation)
- Assist providers as needed within scope of practice (ex. assists with routine exams, procedures)
- Perform basic laboratory tests on premises (ex. blood draws, POCT
- Assist in the collection of specimens
- Prepare exams for patient specific visit
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by provider
- Sterilize medical instruments.
- Perform other clinical functions as delegated and supervised by a provider or RN
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Effective communication skills
- Team player
- Work well in group setting
- Effective time management skills
- Graduation from the following programs: Medical Assist Program or a program accredited by The Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Schools or The Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
Graduation from accredited Medical Assistant Program strongly preferred. High School or GED graduation required.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
No experience required.Note: One year of experience will be provided for an Associate Degree in Medical Assisting.
LICENSURE/ CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Certification by AAMA or AMT required
- Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
- Must be present on site for 8 hour shifts during standard business hours.
- Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills &cooperation.
- Must work as late person when scheduled or according to business needs
- Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
- Must travel between locations on needed basis.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands &priorities.
- Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.
- Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.
- Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to push/pull 50 lbs.
- Must be able to carry 50 lbs.
- Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.
Requisition Number 401516071
Duke Entity PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
Job Code 4261 MEDICAL ASSISTANT, CERTIFIED
Job Family Level C1
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Level I -- Graduation from accredited Medical Assistant program strongly preferred. High school or GED graduation required.Level II -- Graduation from a medical assistant program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) strongly preferred. High school or GED graduation required.Level III -- Graduation from a medical assistant program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) strongly preferred. High school or GED graduation required.
Level I -- No experience required.Level II -- Must have at least 1 year of clinical experience as a Medical Assistant in a clinical setting.Level III -- Must have at least 3 years of clinical experience as a Medical Assistant in a clinical setting.Note: 1 year of experience will be provided for an Associate degree in Medical Assisting.General Ladder Statement: In addition to the education and experience noted, applicants must meet all requirements set forth in the Medical Assistant, Certified (CMA/RMA) Ladder Program document for Levels II and III.
Auto req ID 10693BR