Medical Assistant, Certified
Perform routine administrative and patient care supportive duties in a Health System medical practice to assist medical and/or nursing staff in the examination and treatment of patients and ensure office runs smoothly.
- Perform intake with patients to include vital signs, visit information,and other clinical information as indicated.
- Perform telephone message taking with patients, document encounter, follow protocols established by clinic leadership, and inform provider.
- Administer medications to patients as ordered by providers or by established protocols following the six rights of medication administration.
- Assists providers with procedures such as ultrasound guided FNA, KTP laser excision, biopsy.
- Participates in performance improvement projects.
- Performs tasks such as set up for clinical procedures, high level disinfection & sterilization or other miscellaneous appropriate tasks within scope of practice .
- Attain prior authorizations for medications and durable medical equipment as indicated.
- Float in clinic to cover patient and provider needs as delegated by nurse manager, health center administrator, charge nurse, or nurse team lead
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
List factors that identify the better candidates from a group of people who meet the minimum qualifications.
- Previous experience in ambulatory care setting.
- Previous experience with pulmonary or allergy patient care.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
Graduation from a medical assistant program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES). High school or GED graduation required
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES
One year experience as CMA/RMA strongly preferred.
LICENSURE/ CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Certification or registration required through AAMA or AMT.
- Must be able to work under time pressures in a busy clinic/office environment.
- Must be present on site for 9 hour shifts during standard business hours.
- Must participate in group activities requiring interpersonal skills & cooperation.
- Must work as late person when scheduled or according to business needs
- Must be able to react quickly and immediately respond to emergencies.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, conflicting demands & priorities.
- Must maintain attention to detail over extended period of time.
- Must be continually aware of variations in changing situations.
- Must be able to move throughout office environment throughout day.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
- Must be able to push/pull 30 lbs.
- Must be able to carry 20 lbs.
- Must be able to reach for objects by extending arms.
Requisition Number 401513809
Duke Entity PRIVATE DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS
Job Code 4261 MEDICAL ASSISTANT, CERTIFIED
Job Family Level C1
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Level I -- Graduation from accredited Medical Assistant program strongly preferred. High school or GED graduation required.Level II -- Graduation from a medical assistant program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs(CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES)strongly preferred. High school or GED graduation required.Level III -- Graduation from a medical assistant program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs(CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES)strongly preferred. High school or GED graduation required.
Level I -- No experience required.Level II -- Must have at least 1 year of clinical experience as a Medical Assistant in a clinical setting.Level III -- Must have at least 3 years of clinical experience as a Medical Assistant in a clinical setting.Note: 1 year of experience will be provided for an Associate degree in Medical Assisting.General Ladder Statement: In addition to the education and experience noted, applicants must meet all requirements set forth in the Medical Assistant, Certified (CMA/RMA) Ladder Program document for Levels II and III.
Auto req ID 106588BR