HPC and Cloud Systems Manager
Classification: Senior Manager 2
Salary package: $125,642 per annum plus 17% superannuation
Terms: Full time, Continuing (Contingent Funded)
NCI is an operating unit of the Australian National University and is built on and sustained by a formal collaboration of Australia's national research organisations, CSIRO, Bureau of Meteorology, Geoscience Australia and a number of other research-intensive and eResearch support organisations nationally.
The HPC and Cloud Systems Manager is responsible for the effective and efficient management of large, scaleable, secure HPC and Cloud Systems. The position will manage and lead NCI’s HPC and Cloud operations teams and be responsible for strategic direction setting for the HPC and high performance cloud through direct liaision with NCI’s stakeholder research groups across Australia.
Reporting to the Associate Director – Services and Technologies you will:
- Lead the planning, configuration and management of large, scaleable, secure HPC and cloud systems.
- Provide leadership, manage risks and supervise staff
- Maintain detailed knowledge of best practices in petascale system integration and management, and apply this knowledge to ensure efficient and fitness for purpose of NCI’s current and future HPC and cloud systems.
NCI seeks a candidate with experience in:
- Planning, configuring, deploying and maintaining a very large petascale HPC system;
- Performance issues and tuning of balanced large-scale systems
- Understanding of the computational needs and priorities of contemporary research; and
- Building, leading and managing effective teams to deliver outcomes.
For more information please contact Allan Williams T: +61 2 6125 8404 E: Allan.Williams@anu.edu.au
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful applicant must have rights to live and work in this country.