Higher Degree Research Management Officer, Scholarship
- Salary: From $81,841 to $90,339 p.a. (Level 6), plus 17% employer’s superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment type: Full-time, continuing, immediate start
- Location: Macquarie University (North Ryde)
We are seeking an enthusiastic professional with administration experience to be part of a dynamic scholarships team supporting the creative and innovative minds from the Higher Degree Research community at Macquarie University. In this role, you will ensure that the scholarships are accurately disbursed in a timely manner while ensuring that all required milestones have been achieved. In addition, you will display your exceptional data management skills to maintain and report data. Your ability to communicate to students, academics and key stakeholders will ensure that important information is distributed in a professional and timely fashion.
Drawing on your breadth of experience gained in a similar role, ideally within the Higher Education sector or similar, you will work with minimum supervision, show initiative and anticipate requirements, ensuring deadlines and objectives are met. With a high level of energy, you will have outstanding administration skills and a keen attention to detail. You will have excellent organisational skills and can adapt to change and business improvements. You will have demonstrated experiences of working proactively in a team within a flexible and fast paced environment. If you have experience in and are confident engaging with student key internal and external stakeholders from all levels.
The Higher Degree Research Office (HDRO) manages the administration of the University's Higher Degree Research (HDR) Degrees, including the MRes program. The HDR Scholarships and Management Team is responsible for the management of scholarships, fees, financial management, marketing, advertising, and projects for research and associated research pathway program candidates, both domestic and international.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online. As part of the application process, attach your resume and a separate cover letter that outlines how you meet the selection criteria below:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills plus excellent organisational, customer service and administration skills while displaying the ability to work with diverse range of stakeholders.
- The ability to work effectively and co-operatively in a team and to positively and pro-actively achieve team goals and objectives.
- Superior computing skills and prior experience in the use of complex business systems, such as student administration, online applications, HR and/or finance applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an organised, accurate manner with excellent attention to detail and experience with large-volume and peak processing periods/workflows.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and contribute positively to and accept change in a dynamic working environment.
- A comprehensive knowledge of the higher degree research environment is highly desirable.
Position Description: HDR Management Officer (Scholarships)_6_.pdf
Enquiries: Pauline Woo, HDR Manager (Scholarships and Management) on firstname.lastname@example.org
General Enquiries: Patsy Moss on email@example.com
Applications Close: Sunday, 18 November 2018 at 11:55 pm AEDT
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.