Lecturer in Biochemistry
- Full-time, Continuing position
- Located at the Bundoora Campus
- $92,248 - $109,258 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
The School of Molecular Sciences comprises the Departments of Biochemistry & Genetics; Chemistry & Physics; Pharmacy & Applied Science and is affiliated with the Olivia Newton-John Research Institute.
About the position
This position is located in the Department of Biochemistry & Genetics and will have teaching responsibilities in areas such as biomedical science, biochemistry and/or genetics. You will be expected to develop curriculum, teach and undertake research or other scholarly work relevant to the development of the discipline.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will possess:
- PhD or equivalent accreditation and standing recognised by the University/profession as appropriate for the relevant discipline areas.
- Demonstrated competence in teaching and curriculum development.
- Evidence of high quality and/or high impact research.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, or co-supervise students.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Sunday, 9 December 2018 by 11.55 pm AEDST.
Position Enquiries: Professor Robyn Murphy, +61 3 9479 2302 or email@example.com
HR/Recruitment Enquiries: Deborah Dare, Recruitment Consultant, +61 3 9479 1241 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.