Community Development and Partnerships Officer
Work type: Continuing
Division/Faculty: University Services
Department/School: Department of Research, Innovation and Commercialisation
Salary: $99,199 - $107,370 (HEW 8)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - 17% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client-centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements, and acts as a shared services function within the University of Melbourne.
About the role
The Community Development and Partnerships Officer will take a leading role in the coordination and execution of the University’s Engagement priorities and strategic partnerships with community, industry, NFP, government and other public and private sector organisations to deliver outcomes, impact and benefits of these collaborations. Responsibilities will range from project support, development of agreements and MOUs, coordination of meetings, administrative support, preparation of reports, executive support to relevant governance groups, data collection and provision of high level advice based on detailed analysis where required.
- The appointee will have: completion of a degree, with subsequent relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Experience working in or with civic and community organisations and an understanding of the policy and operational context of the civic and community sectors nationally and/or regionally.
- Demonstrated high-level interpersonal and written communication skills (including correspondence, activity analysis, report writing, external communications and liaison with external parties and internal stakeholders).
- Demonstrated knowledge of the higher education sector and proven capacity to translate strategic objectives into mutual benefit across core University business and community.
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a CV along with your responses against the selection criteria found in the Position Description for the role.
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
Applications close: 23 Nov 2018 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
For full position information and to apply online please visit http://jobs.unimelb.edu.au/caw/en/job/898078/community-development-and-partnerships-officer