Senior Technical Officer in Chemistry
- Full-time, Continuing position
- Located at the Bendigo Campus
- $75,073 - $81,138 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
About the position
Reporting to the Team Leader, Regional Science Operations, this position will have responsibility for the provision of a range of technical services and advise to ensure the effective maintenance of the capability and operation of the research and teaching laboratories at the Bendigo Campus. In particular, this position will have key responsibility for the successful delivery of undergraduate laboratory sessions pertaining to the Bachelor of Biomedical Science and Biomedical Science (Medical) courses in the School of Molecular Sciences.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will possess:
- Completion of a degree in science majoring in chemistry, biochemistry or microbiology with at least 4 years subsequent relevant experience in a scientific discipline; or an equivalent alternate combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the maintenance of scientific teaching and/or research equipment/facilities, with respect to operations, maintenance and problem solving.
- Experience in the use of PCR, electrophoresis, enzyme kinetics and protein purification techniques.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Sunday, 25 November 2018 by 11.55pm AEDST.
Position Enquiries: Barbara Udale, +61 3 9479 7399 or firstname.lastname@example.org
HR/Recruitment Enquiries: Deborah Dare, Recruitment Consultant, +61 3 9479 1241 or email@example.com
Only candidates with full working rights in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.