Deputy Vice-Chancellor Research Portfolio
- Opportunity to provide project management and guidance to support implementation of key strategies and programs of work across the Research Portfolio
- Full-time fixed term for 3 years
- Remuneration package: HEO8 base salary $103kp.a. plus leaving loading and generous superannuation benefits
About the opportunity
This role manages and oversees project organisation such as developing the project organisation structure, the project charter, workforce plans and project processes and resources required to support implementation. It builds and implements overall project plans providing effective management of activities and deliverables to ensure milestones and deliverables are realised. It also develops and embeds project governance and reporting to ensure progress is monitored and risks mitigated. Manages stakeholders and communications, ensures effective collaboration and team work with other project teams and stakeholders across the University.
In this position, you will:
- manage overall project organisation and establishment
- manage the development and implementation of project plans to meet objectives
- develop and embed project governance and reporting framework to monitor implementation, progress and delivery of the project
- manage project stakeholders and collaborate with project teams to ensure that project deliverables and milestones are achieved.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence. We are looking for a Project Manager who possesses:
- postgraduate qualifications and/or extensive relevant work experience, preferably in project management and managing complex projects
- sound understanding and consistent application of project management competencies
- experience project managing multiple work streams, or leading large complex projects and ability to work according to strict deadlines and manage various demands
- experience managing a diverse group of key internal/external stakeholders on large or complex projects.
The University of Sydney is committed to being Australia’s leading comprehensive and research intensive university. We are focused on continued improvement in our research performance, improving our competitive position both domestically and internationally in order to contribute to the economic, social and cultural well-being of Australia and the wider world. To realise this vision the University is implementing strategies that will attract and nurture the brightest researchers and support them to undertake research that makes an original contribution to knowledge or understanding; focusing its research activities to create areas of critical mass and coordinate investment in key strategic research areas, including addressing some of the grand challenge of our time; aligning its organisational structure to support capabilities in key disciplines and cross-disciplinary areas; and building capacity to undertake many different kinds of research translation, including commercialisation and social and cultural impact.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ more than 6,000 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 2060/1018F to apply.
Please note: visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11.30pm, Sunday 25 November 2018
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.