Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Computer Science
- Salary Package: From $90,188 to $96,655 p.a., plus 9.5% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Type: Full-time, fixed-term until 31 Oct 2020
- Macquarie University (North Ryde) location
The Department of Computing is recruiting a post-doctoral researcher for a joint research project "Information Extraction and Parsing Methods for Government and Enterprise Applications" on information and relation extraction involving Macquarie University, CSIRO’s Data61 and the University of Edinburgh. The project uses syntactic parsing and deep learning to extract "who did what to whom when" from a large corpus of texts. The research involves integrating information extracted from multiple texts and using this information in creative ways, e.g., building event time-lines for individuals, learning entailments between predicates and relations, etc.
The post-doc will report to Professor Mark Johnson in the Department of Computing, Macquarie University and Dr Stephen Wan of CSIRO’s Data61, Marsfield, and will be collaborating with Professor Mark Steedman of Edinburgh University.
You will have completed a PhD in Computer Science or a relevant discipline. You will have a strong background in Deep Learning and Natural Language Processing. You will have a good track record of research outputs in high quality conferences and journals. If you are a team player with a proactive nature, then this is a role you will thrive in and a research group you will enjoy working with.
The Department of Computing has grown its programs to extend across data science, machine learning, natural language processing, business information systems, cyber security, programming and software development, web design and development, as well as game design and development. For more information, please visit our website.
To be considered for this position, please apply online by submitting your cv and a separate cover letter that demonstrates how you meet the following selection criteria:
- A PhD in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Knowledge and experience in Deep Learning and Natural Language Processing
- Demonstrate expertise in Deep Learning toolkits such as PyTorch and/or TensorFlow
- An excellent track record of publications in quality, peer reviewed conferences and journals
- A track record of working on research projects both individually and in a team-based environment.
- High level written and oral communication skills
- An ability to relate to and engage with other staff and students across diverse backgrounds
Specific Role Enquiries: Professor, Mark Johnson on email email@example.com
Applications Close: Friday, 7th of December 2018 at 11:55 pm AEST
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.