Senior Administrative Assistant, Grants Program
Reporting to the CME Director, this position is responsible for production and oversight of all educational grant requests within the Center for CME (Continuing Medical Education), and the development and advancement of new funding sources for future CME activities.
- Provide high-level management of approximately 700 grant requests annually for live conferences and online courses.
- Oversee over $1.75 million in CME educational grants annually.
- Work with CME Conference/Compliance Coordinators and Course Directors to ascertain Needs & Learning Objectives, estimated budgets and programs in order to prepare and submit grant requests.
- Prepare support letters for submission with grant requests.
- Provide high-level, detailed research to meet requirements of commercial supporters within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Proactively research and develop ideas for future curricula that fit within the academic interest of the medical school and community.
- Work with Conference/Compliance Coordinators and Course Directors to identify potential commercial supporters.
- Conduct research on a broad spectrum of medical topics to ascertain potential supporters, both commercial and non-commercial entities.
- Submit grant details via corporate online portals, and a variety of other methods for grant submission.
- Work with Grant Writer and Course Directors to implement a timeline and manage materials to create a grant proposal for submission to potential supporters.
- Work with Course Directors to revise and edit grant proposal once received by Grant Writer.
Required Education and Experience
Six years of related work experience, four of them in the same job family at the next lower level, and high school level education; or four years of related work experience and an Associate's degree; or little or no work experience and a Bachelor's degree in a related field; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Well-developed organizational, oral and written communication skills. Well-developed, professional public presentation skills. Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, with flexibility in day-to-day tasks depending on the most pressing need. Willingness to assist with ad hoc projects as requested by Director.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Strong computer skills including intermediate ability with Word, Excel, and Outlook, and ability to learn other systems quickly. Strong self-starter and demonstrated ability to work independently.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Proven ability to plan and organize a large volume of work; balance conflicting interests and manage multiple deadlines. Strong attention to detail. Ability to occasionally travel and work some evenings/weekends.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Ability to work effectively with a wide range of people, in a demanding environment, on a wide variety of complicated job tasks, requiring coordination and prioritization.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Well-developed financial expertise and basic accounting principals including knowledge of debits and credits, financial statements, and budgets. Ability to work with Excel spreadsheets and financial reports. Expertise with compliance issues for regulatory agencies.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Bachelor’s degree and five yrs. min of related experience. Knowledge of ACCME guidelines and standards for CME accredited courses; ability to understand commercial support issues related to CME. Knowledge of corporate supporter preferences regarding CME support. Knowledge of University policies and procedures. Experience manipulating data and running reports.
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: email@example.com.