Associate Lecturer in Acting, Classical Theatre
Application closing date 21/11/2018
Location Chichester Campus
Salary Hourly rate: £41.44 per hour - Fixed Term Contract
Package Teachers Pension Scheme
Job category/type Academic
The Department of Theatre at the University of Chichester has an international reputation for making exciting and innovating theatre. It offers a range of performance-based, highly practical degree programmes at Undergraduate and Postgraduate levels, all designed to encourage students to think for themselves, create original theatre and prepare for careers in the arts industries.
The BA (Hons) Acting is a performance programme taught by leading theatre and performing arts professionals, training students in key acting styles and contexts.
To support the core provision of Stanislavski acting and Shakespeare acting for 1st and 2nd year undergraduate students on the BA (Hons) Acting programme, the Theatre Department is seeking to engage two experienced acting tutors to join its team. We are looking for candidates with the following attributes:
- You should have experience applying Stanislavski acting and Shakespeare acting, working both with professionals and trainee actors
- You will be working with students at university undergraduate level, so relevant experience is required
- You should have specific and comprehensive experience and knowledge of Stanislavski acting and Shakespeare acting
- You should be able to demonstrate good pastoral skills and be able to manage intensive workloads
- You should be well-organised, easily accessible and have good written and oral communication skills
Informal enquiries are welcomed by Evi Stamatiou, Course Leader of the BA (Hons) Acting at firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Chichester welcomes applicants from BAME (Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic) backgrounds as they are currently under represented at this level.
Interview Date: 5 December 2018 (in London)
Click here to download and save the full job profile.