Arabic Preschool Teacher
Department Name Early Childhood Center - College of Education
The College of Education, founded in 1973, is the oldest college at the University of Qatar and remains central to realizing the goals of the Education Reform. Its mission is to prepare and develop educational practitioners and leaders that have the information,skills, and attitudes to support the personal development of every student in Qatari schools and to achieve comprehensive quality in meeting the educational needs and objectives of Qatari society. The top priorities of the College of Education are the excellence of its academic programs and the quality of its research activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work in the classroom with children age 3 to 6.
- Demonstrate ability to develop and implement a preschool program and curriculum.
- Demonstrate knowledge of various teaching methodologies (i.e., emergent,multi-cultural, constructivist, thematic, integrated) that are age appropriate.
- Demonstrate ability to relate to and work with children and families in a professional and personal manner.
- Demonstrate commitment to continued professional development.
- Demonstrate good communication skills and the ability to get along well with a diverse group of people.
Planning and Preparation
- Create a learning environment that is respectful of all children reflecting genuine warmth and caring.
- Work with Center Director and Curriculum Specialist in developing and implementing the Center goals.
- Design coherent instruction aligned with instructional outcomes that meet the needs of all children.
- Seek out resources within and outside the Center to enhance knowledge to use in teaching and for children who need them.
- Design children assessment including children portfolios.
- Maintain a nurturing environment that promotes positive social and emotional child development.
- Practice high quality health and safety standards.
- Create a rich learning environment and use sound age appropriate guidance and instructional practices.
Instruction and Assessment
- Implement age appropriate curriculum that is based on current early childhood education and child development research.
- Work with children in groups and individually, planning group activities as well as contribute in developing individual educational plans.
- Observe, record and asses child behaviors and development.
- Share child assessment information with colleagues and parents according to Center policies and procedures.
- Use technology to support and enhance instruction.
- Assist the Director in the supervision and training of practicum students, classroom aids, volunteers, and parents.
- Work with other staff members in conducting parent-teacher conferences.
- Work in partnership with parents to assure that the child’s needs are being met.
- Provide written reports and fill out appropriate forms relating to the child’s well-being.
- Consistently operate within the framework of collegiality and teamwork.
- Thorough, current knowledge in the field of early childhood education and child development.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in working with children, parents, students, staff and other university personnel.
- Attend conferences, workshops, etc. to support professional development.
- Engage in action research and other research projects related to the Center.
- Liaison with large community as needed in support of the Center goals and activities.
- Assure compliance with safety programs
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development. Prefer completion of a Master’s degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development.
- Professional expertise is required; three years’ experience as Kindergarten Teacher in a Preschool Program is preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and other education software.
- Must be proficient in Arabic and English
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, research, and service philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (physical and email addresses as well their telephones contact).
- Copy of highest earned credential (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed.However, if no course work was completed, an copy of certificate letter from the registrar of your highest credential granting institution regarding your highest academic degree).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
How To Apply
- Returning Applicant: Please login in QU Recruitment Online website ( https://careers.qu.edu.qa)to update/edit your saved profile. Use this profile to apply for this position.
- New Applicant: You need to setup an account with QU Recruitment Online website ( https://careers.qu.edu.qa) and complete your personal profile. Once your profile is complete you may use it toa pply for an open Position.
Job Category Academic
End Date of Advertisement 30-Nov-2018