- Responsible for answering calls for one provider’s office
- Responsible for accurately registering new patients and/or updating registration information for returning patients at the time of their appointment request.
- Follow department policies and procedures related to all appointment scheduling and insurance payers.
- Review outside records received to confirm receipt of all required data to ensure provider has what is needed for appointment.
- Contact referring provider’s office as needed to request missing information
- Schedule and coordinate referrals requests in the electronic health record system received via telephone, fax, and electronic health record communication methods(referral work queue, in-basket message, and web portal request).
- Schedule referrals received via work queue in a timely manner
- Compose appointment notification letters for all new patients that are scheduled
- Schedule and coordinate appointment requests in the electronic health record system received via telephone, fax, and electronic health record communication methods(referral work queue, in-basket message, and web portal request).
- Schedule/reschedule appointments in the scheduling system following established policies and procedures regarding collection and updating of demographic and insurance information and preauthorization requirements.
- Coordinate and schedule ancillary services (lab work and diagnostic tests) in accordance to physician guidelines and patient preference.
- Enter ancillary services (lab work and diagnostic tests) orders for the PA-C or Nurse to sign off on.
- Analyze patient problems or issues that are presented by collecting information and data and conducting an assessment of the situation.
- Resolve and follow through an all customer issues promptly and accurately until completion.
- Work as a team member towards common goals
- Creation of new patient charts along with updating existing patient charts and filling them correctly in the filing system.
- Assist with completion of FMLA and/or disability paperwork for providers if needed, collect, submit and record on spreadsheet for tracking.
- Print/route letters and clinic notes that are routed to you with 24hours of receipt
- If required by the physicians, ensure all orders are in that were referenced in previous visit note for appointment; if not, notify provider/APP
- Provide back-up support to the Staff Assistant when they are out of office.
Strongly Preferred Qualifications:
- Willingness to work in an environment that requires 100% phone-based customer interaction.
- The ability to work in a team environment.
- The ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Self-motivation to work under his/her own initiative.
- Excellent telephone manner and listening skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Preferred 1+ years’ experience in Call Center/Customer Service/Service Center environment
- Inbound to outbound call center experience preferred. EPIC experience preferred.
Requisition Number 401516560
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code 708 STAFF ASST
Job Family Level 07
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a broad knowledge of clerical and accounting principles and practices normally acquired through two years of post secondary education in secretarial science or a related business field.
Work generally requires two years of related secretarial/clerical experience to acquire skills necessary to administer office functions related to office management, communications, and budgetary/accounting activities.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID 106764BR