Learning Technologies Support Officer
6 days left
- Full Time
- CENTRE FOR LEARNING AND TEACHING
- $69,461 - $77,362 PA (HEW 5)
- FULL-TIME, ONGOING, JOONDALUP CAMPUS
The Centre for Learning and Teaching delivers a comprehensive suite of services and programmes that promotes high quality learning and teaching outcomes for students and academic staff. Based predominantly at the Joondalup Campus, the Centre for Learning and Teaching plays a key role in designing and implementing future teaching and learning strategies and enhancing the student experience.
The Learning Technologies and Innovation team lead the development and support of technology enhanced learning, including the oversight of the learning management system (LMS) and related eco-system. They actively support academics and students to adopt the suite of technologies and promote innovative use of emerging technologies.
Under the routine supervision of the Learning Technologies Trainer, this role provides academic staff support, instruction and resourcing for centrally supported teaching and learning technologies. The aim of this support is to maximise the understanding, adoption and effective employment of those technologies to achieve learning and teaching goals, Centre objectives and enhance the student learning experience.
- Familiarity with a range of learning technologies, such as LMS and lecture capture, preferably in a higher education environment
- Exceptional customer service is important as the role is required to engage with both academic and professional staff on a day to day basis
- The ability to work cooperatively with others to accomplish joint tasks and common objectives
- The ability to organise and present information, views and concepts in a concise, understandable and interesting format for a variety of audiences, from the organisations internal and external communities
- Able to anticipate and resolve problems, being proactive to minimise issues and initiating action to deal with problems when they arise
- Demonstrated initiative and commitment towards the completion of predetermined objectives, while focusing on an outcome that contributes to job and organisation success
You will also demonstrate personal attributes that are congruent with the University’s values of Integrity, Respect, Rational Inquiry and Personal Excellence.
The successful candidate must have a Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Instructional or Education Technology or a related field from an accredited university.
Benefits & Remuneration
This full time, ongoing position attracts remuneration of $69,461 - $77,362 per annum plus 17% University superannuation contribution.
ECU supports a work/life balance for staff. Benefits such as flexible working arrangements may also be negotiated to meet your personal circumstances.
ECU has an Award-winning Health and Wellness Program and an extensive range of staff benefits across entertainment, financial, health, travel and consumer goods and services.
For information on the benefits of working at ECU, please visit our website Employment Opportunities.
Interested applicants are welcome to call Brendan Cuff (Learning Technologies Trainer) on 6304 2746 for more information.
How to Apply
Please upload your resume along with a statement addressing the key criteria listed above.
Applications close on Wednesday, 21st November, 2018 at 11:30 pm AWST.
PLEASE NOTE: BECAUSE THIS IS AN ONGOING POSITION, APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM CANDIDATES WHO HAVE EITHER PERMANENT RESIDENCY OR AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP.
ECU is diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the differences in society. Specific strategies and initiatives are in place to address under representation of specific groups. Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified people from all backgrounds.