Business Analyst, Career Management Center
Job Code: 4772/4773
Stanford Graduate School of Business
Residing in Silicon Valley, the heart of innovation, Stanford GSB has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, push the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offer a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We strive to change lives, change organizations, and change the world.
This position will be offered as either IT Business Analyst 2 (Job Code 4772) or IT Business Analyst 3 (Job Code 4773) depending on the successful candidate’s knowledge and experience.
Specify requirements and/or design solutions requirements for business information systems and incorporate new technical systems to improve work-flow, production, efficiency, and effectiveness. Rationalize the systems used by the CMC. May serve as project manager.
Key projects include Stanford GSB alumni transition from current to new career enterprise system (for job board, advising appointments, etc) and development of employer relationship management system.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Lead the elicitation and gathering of business and system requirements.
- Lead efforts to ensure that information systems support the organizational mission and objectives and coordinate the process of defining, investigating and solving problems related to business systems and special projects.
- Manage, from a client business perspective, the requirements for related systems projects; ensure a high level of client satisfaction by monitoring the delivery of ongoing information systems to the organization.
- Lead and coordinate projects to assist business owners in evaluating the potential for automating existing or proposed work functions or processes and assess the feasibility of creating or modifying systems to meet user requirements.
- Create and maintain performance metrics and department dashboard that enable data driven directional decisions.
- Analyze new business requirements, system functionality, current system use and user needs; specify functional designs and work with developers and analysts to implement.
- Develop designs for new business processes to work with operating systems; document system configurations. Create yearly workflow plan and workflow
- May plan, direct, coordinate, monitor and review the work of others during all phases of the project team's work and coordinate the planning, development and presentation of training for users of business systems.
- Manage external vendor or partner relationships.
- Other duties may also be assigned.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree and eight years relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Knowledge of, computer system capabilities, business processes, and workflow.
- Current knowledge of rapidly changing computer technology.
- Extensive experience with enterprise applications and understanding of database driven applications.
- Ability to design and document complex business systems.
- Proven problem solving and analytical thinking and ability to approach problems logically and systematically.
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Requires knowledge of, computer system capabilities, business processes, and workflow.
- Project management skills as needed.
- Skill in conducting interviews and facilitating group meetings.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to bridge functional and technical resources by communicating effectively with individuals of varying systems expertise and business needs.
- Strong listening, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
Why Stanford is for You
Stanford’s dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous perks align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a Ted Talk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
We pride ourselves in being a culture that encourages and empowers you.
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and résumé along with your online application.