Program and Outreach Coordinator
Program and Outreach Coordinator
Job Code: 4103
Job Grade: F
The Stanford School of Earth, Energy & Environmental Sciences (Stanford Earth) develops the knowledge and talent to understand the workings of the planet and to help solve resource and environmental challenges. The Change Leadership for Sustainability Program within Stanford Earth is dedicated to advancing sustainability in pursuit of human well-being. It offers executive education programs and a coterminal master’s degree to prepare leaders with the knowledge, mindsets and practical skills needed to understand and intervene in complex systems to secure human well-being around the world and across generations.
Our program is seeking a highly-motivated team player who is excited to support and help grow the Change Leadership for Sustainability Program.
Candidates with proven skills and experience in task organization and execution, program and office administration, all Microsoft Office Suite programs, social media, event planning, and network and community building are strongly encouraged to apply.
Some of what you will do:
- Design and coordinate community-building events for students and Change Leadership community.
- Support outreach for info sessions and other activities – produce and post flyers, engage student services staff to reach students from diverse majors, etc.
- Administer the Program website, including posting content, reviewing regularly to ensure material is accurate and up to date.
- Update and ensure consistency of language across all program communications materials, including website, program documents, Stanford Bulletin postings, etc.
- Help develop marketing materials, including social media ads, brochures, and flyers.
- Provide support in developing/editing/formatting program documents and presentations.
- Build surveys in Qualtrics, encourage survey participation, generate reports.
- Serve as primary logistics person on-site for program meetings and events.
- Conduct marketing and outreach for speaker series.
- Manage & improve existing databases of Program contacts, peer program research, practicum information, advisor database, speaker series, program policy tracking, etc.
- Provide administrative support to the executive director and program director, and faculty including calendaring, travel, expenses, targeted research, classroom scheduling, P-Card verifications and expense approvals.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
To be successful in this position, you will need:
High school diploma and four years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing projects.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and assign work to others.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
In addition, our preferred requirements include:
Skills and experience in task organization and execution, program and office administration, all Microsoft Office Suite programs, social media, event planning, and network and community building.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
Why Stanford is for you:
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ride sharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and résumé along with your online application.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stanford welcomes applications from all who would bring additional dimensions to the University’s research, teaching and clinical missions.