Work Integrated Learning Industry Engagement Manager
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW is currently implementing a ten-year strategy to 2025 and our ambition for the next decade is nothing less than to establish UNSW as Australia’s global university. We aspire to this in the belief that a great university, which is a global leader in discovery, innovation, impact, education and thought leadership, can make an enormous difference to the lives of people in Australia and around the world. At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Business School is a leader in business education and research in the Asian region and one of the largest Business Schools in Australia with more than 16,500 students, 500 academic and professional staff and more than 80,000 alumni and partners. The Business School offers a full suite of business degree programs at undergraduate, postgraduate, coursework and research levels, including the AGSM MBA programs and a range of Executive Programs.
About the role
- $121,591 - $129,021 plus 17% superannuation and leave loading
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The WIL Industry Engagement Manager in the Student Experience Unit (SEU) will develop, manage and maintain domestic and international industry and employer relationships that facilitate Work Integrated Learning (WIL) experiences for Business School students.
With responsibility for all activities in the ‘Placement’ stream of student opportunities within the SEU, the incumbent will work alongside the WIL Program Manager, to ensure the ‘Preparation’ stream of opportunities within the latter’s remit meet and exceed industry partner expectations. The role will also work closely with the WIL Operations Manager, to ensure employer and industry relationships are supported by the relevant policies, procedures and digital platforms.
The role of WIL Industry Engagement Manager reports to the Director Student Experience and has 4 direct reports.
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Develop strategies aligned with Faculty and UNSW objectives for the engagement and cultivation of WIL industry and employer relationships. Lead the Business School’s attraction and retention of prospective industry, government and community partners for the purpose of increasing student placements and other Work Integrated Learning activities, in collaboration with the WIL Program Manager.
- Develop, manage and lead a portfolio of domestic and international industry and employer relationships that facilitate successful WIL experiences. Ensure that recommendations and actions are implemented and effectively integrated with all requirements. Proactively seek and identify opportunities to grow new business opportunities as aligned to the WIL strategy.
- Collaborate with the WIL Program Manager and WIL Operations Manager to develop and lead strategies for continuous improvement, implement and integrate solutions into relevant processes including changes to systems, policies and procedures.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Hold relevant postgraduate qualifications with extensive relevant experience or an equivalent level of knowledge, gained through a combination of education, training and/or experience
- Demonstrate a successful track record in planning and execution of strategy with strong project management experience with ability to manage complex objectives and competing priorities
- Demonstrate an understanding of emerging trends in WIL and appreciation of best practice offerings domestic and international
- Strong research and analytical skills including experience preparing high quality committee papers, reports, proposals, recommendations, business cases and policy documents.
- Strong consultation, influencing and negotiation skills and proven ability to build effective relationships and secure resources from diverse internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated leadership skills managing a team of professionals, including managing workloads, setting priorities and influencing and driving core outcomes in a complex environment.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Talent Acquisition Lead
T: 02 9385 3169
Applications close: 11:59 pm on Sunday 25th November
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.