Senior Financial Accountant
- Implement new accounting practices and standards
- Finance Department
- Starting $95,919 + 17% super
About the job
Our Finance department is currently looking for an experienced Senior Financial Accountant to join them for a 12 month project related role. We are looking to roll out 3 new accounting standards across the University and you will be instrumental in establishing compliance to these as well as developing the associated reports. Alongside this important piece of work, you will also support the configuration of financial reporting requirements coming out of our new payroll system, including analysis on movements between reporting periods. Working in a collaborative team, you will bring your previous experience and coach the team on their daily work as well as looking for opportunities to improve on processes and procedures. With your corporate background, you are well-versed at building effective relationships with stakeholders across all levels.
Swinburne delivers excellence in teaching and research in science, technology, business, law, design and innovation. As a multi-sector provider, there are opportunities to apply for jobs in higher education, vocational education and pathways. Or you can work in professional services to support the delivery of quality education. Find jobs in marketing and communications, customer service, information technology, finance, human resources and administration.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Membership of Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia (CA) or Certified Practicing Accountants Australia (CPA).
- Substantive knowledge of local market statutory reporting requirements. Experience with AASB 15 and AASB 16 will be highly regarded but not essential.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills occasionally providing strategic support or advice combined with the ability to generate practical and effective solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Proven ability to establish and maintain multiple relationships to a high level of effectiveness, engendering confidence from a wide range of stakeholders.
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description
- Enjoy 50% study fee reduction
- Participate in regular staff and management development programs
- Private health insurance discounts
Discover more discounts when you start at Swinburne. Receive movie tickets and staff membership options at the Swinburne bookshop. Theres news subscriptions and computer and software discounts on offer.
Further information and how to apply
The diverse culture within Swinburne is a source of strength. We are proud to be recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality 2018 and of key initiatives such as our Pride@Swinburne Strategic Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan which are integral components of our 2025 vision to be world class university creating social and economic impact through science, technology and innovation. Swinburne has also received the Victorian “High Commendation” Multicultural Excellence Award (Business Category).
To view the position description or to start an application click on apply at the bottom of this page and submit a resume and cover letter outlining your experience and motivation for the role.
Please do not email or send paper applications, all applications must be submitted online.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on email@example.com
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr. Walter Robles, on firstname.lastname@example.org. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au.
Applications close at 5 pm on Saturday 8th November 2018.
Agencies please note: this vacancy is being managed directly by Swinburne’s Recruitment team. We will contact our preferred agency partners should we require additional support. Thank you.
Previous applicants need not apply