VE Teacher Marketing and Communications, Public Relations, International Business and Logistics
Expression of Interest for Sessional Teachers for Vocational Education programs in Marketing and Communications, Public Relations, International Business and Logistics
- School of Vocational Business Education
- Great CBD Location
RMIT is a global university of technology and design, focused on creating solutions that transform the future for the benefit of people and their environments. We are global in attitude, action and presence; urban in orientation and creativity; and connected through active partnerships with professions, industries and organisations.
The School of Vocational Business Education (VBE) offers globally oriented, applied training programs, from Certificate to Associate Degree level, nationally and internationally to approximately 4000 students. Come work in RMIT's award-winning Swanston Academic Building's innovative learning spaces. Work with students and industry partners on authentic industry-based projects in providing outstanding employment outcomes for students. Be part of our Global Work Integrated Learning Projects which are offered through our partnerships in Ireland, USA, Vietnam and China.
The Role & Experience Required
The School invites your expression of interest to teach in one of our Semester 1 2019 programs:
Marketing and Communications (Certificate IV, Diploma and Advanced Diploma)
- Public Relations (Diploma and Advanced Diploma
- International Business (Diploma and Advanced Diploma
- Logistics (Diploma)
Subject expertise is required in the fields of:
- Media Planning and Buying - esp in digital media
- Creative - design and writing skills with special emphasis on writing persuasive copy, layout and design using Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Digital Media production and use in Public Relations
- Creative Communications
- Sponsorship & Fundraising
- Design Thinking
- Import/Export of goods
- E-Commerce - particularly international e-commerce and B2C
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Business Statistics
- Commercial Law
Applicants must hold the TAE40116 - Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or its successor; or
TAE40110 - Certificate IV in Training and Assessment plus the following units:
- TAELLN411 or TAELLN401A and
- TAEASS502 or TAEASS502A or TAEASS502B as a minimum qualification.
Appointment is subject to passing a Working with Children Check
A Bachelor degree or higher qualification in a relevant discipline will be highly regarded.
Please note that Semester 1 classes begin from 11 February 2019, successful applicants must be available to start one week prior to this date.
To apply please click 'Apply Now' and provide:
- Cover letter outlining your interest and suitability
- CV detailing any relevant industry and/or teaching experience
- A copy of your relevant qualifications
For further information please contact Theresa Lyford on 03 9925 5444.
Applications close: Monday 17th December 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time