Lecturer in Education, Early Childhood/Primary
- Continuing, Full Time (Start date late Feb/ early March)
- School of Education & the Arts
- CQUniversity Townsville (Relocation assistance applies)
- Total Remuneration $114,025 to $135,411pa (inclusive of cash salary of $96,637 to $114,762 plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
Do you have a passion to inspire Teachers of tomorrow especially in teaching Maths, Science or HASS? Come, join CQ University in this unique opportunity to establish & enhance our footprint in our initial teacher education course offerings in North QLD!
Your New School:
The School of Education and the Arts offers a wide selection of courses in the areas of Education, Early Childhood and Education Support, from short courses, certificates and diplomas to undergraduate, postgraduate and research higher degrees. Our teachers and lecturers are experts in their fields and work closely with industry and relevant networks to ensure that students receive relevant and up to date training to ensure they are graduate work-ready.
Your New Role:
You will be expected to make contributions to the teaching effort of the institution and to carry out activities to maintain and develop your scholarly, research and/or professional activities, relevant to the activities of the School of Education and the Arts.
In addition, you will perform a vital role in establishing high-quality school-university partnerships that share responsibility for the professional learning and development of pre-service teachers during professional experience placements. You will specifically coordinate the preparation, supervision and moderation of preservice teachers’ achievement during mandatory work-integrated learning placements in schools.
You Will Be:
- An excellent communicator who appreciates diversity and is always improving and exploring new ways to do their job successfully.
- A self-motivated individual who gains job satisfaction from achieving practical results and continuously striving to exceed customer expectations.
You Will Have:
- A postgraduate or undergraduate qualification in teaching.
- Possession of a Masters Qualification (or equivalent) in a relevant field.
- Current teacher registration or eligibility for registration.
- Familiarity with relevant policy and Australian curriculum documents (particularly, Maths, Science, History & Geography P-6), and Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (Graduate Level).
- Possession of Doctoral Qualification in a relevant field or current enrolment. (desirable)
To begin your journey with Australia’s most engaged and inclusive University
- Go to http://www.cqu.edu.au/jobs and apply today!
- Vacancy Reference Number: 32781
- Applications Close: 11:59 pm, Sunday 2 December 2018 (Interviews to be held mid Jan)
You must submit the following documents in order to be eligible for consideration for this role: Cover Letter (optional), Current Resume and Responses to Selection Criteria. Use uppercase alphabetic or numeric characters only in your file names. Do not use any characters such as apostrophe (‘), slash (/), ampersand (&) etc. except in your email address. “Applicants for the position must have full time work rights.”
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.