Senior Administrative Assistant
Provide executive level administrative support to Senior level faculty. Under limited supervision, exercise sound judgment and initiative in a high volume position. Act as liaison on matters pertaining to section-related activities as directed by the Chief or the Administrator of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine.
- Serves as the principal source of information regarding policies and procedures related to faculty appointments.
- Receives and reviews forms related to faculty administrative transactions for errors and omissions. Identifies and researches unclear transactions without supervision and guidance. Independently contacts departments to resolve issues and provides coaching on University policies and procedures to ensure future compliance.
- Inputs data into databases and runs reports to verify accuracy and integrity of data.
- Ensures timely reviews for reappointments and promotions by establishing reasonable schedules.
- Reviews promotion materials from assigned departments and schools to ensure compliance.
- Coordinates the electronic and secure distribution of appointment and promotion documents to appropriate committee members.
- Independently responds to, screens, and triages requests and resolves or triages questions regarding faculty searches for applicants and reference letter writers.
- Reviews information gathered for faculty searches by the search committee.
- Maintains contact lists for use by various University departments for important e-mailings and access to secure systems.
- Serves as member of support teams and provides back-up for other support staff.
- Maintains records as required by Yale or government policy.
- Processes additional appointments as needed.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Six years of related work experience, four of them in the same job family at the next lower level, and a high school level education; or four years of related work experience and an Associate's Degree; or little or no work experience and a Bachelor's Degree in a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Demonstrated ability in an administrative support position. Superior verbal and written communication skills; ability to work productively under pressure with constant and varied interruptions.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Demonstrated strong attention to detail skills. Demonstrated ability handling sensitive information, with a clear understanding of confidentiality.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Demonstrated ability handling business travel arrangements.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Advanced computer skills, including advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Proven ability handling complex calendaring. Demonstrated ability to extract and compile a range of information from written sources and conversations with individuals by asking questions, researching information on the internet.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Ability to work independently and be self-motivated. Ability to maintain a professional, positive demeanor and work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisor to maintain a proficient and pleasant work environment.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Preferred knowledge of University systems; SciQuest, iExpense, and eShipGlobal. Previous experience working in a clinical environment & interacting with patients is preferred.
Background Check Requirements
All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Affirmative Action Statement:
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921.
Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: email@example.com.