Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community.
Under the supervision of the HVAC supervisor, perform maintenance and repairs on all plant and facilities related equipment required to insure proper operation of steam, water, gas, air, vacuum, cooling and heating systems, elevators, and other related building systems and equipment.
The hours for this position are 12:00 AM - 8:30 AM (graveyard shift).
- Utilize Caltech’s Integrated Workplace Management System software (AiM) to complete planned and corrective maintenance work orders.
- In coordination and cooperation with other trades and shops, perform various maintenance duties that include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance on machinery and equipment.
- Respond to emergency repair calls when necessary.
- Inspect and maintain the repair needs of the campus.
- Respond to elevator and fire alarm calls.
- Conduct oneself in a manner that will at all times maintain courteous, cooperative and professional relationships among all customers.
- This will be shift work, must be willing to work any assigned shift.
- Perform other assigned duties.
- A minimum of five years journeyman level experience working in all phases of plant and facilities maintenance.
- Additional related education may be substituted for work experience.
- Working knowledge of control systems, (DDC, AC, and pneumatics), fire alarms, and elevators is essential.
- Requires the ability to work at heights and in confined spaces and must be able to lift 50-80 lbs on a daily basis.
- Must maintain a valid California driver’s license throughout the course of employment
- Requires a background investigation and physical examination prior to an offer of employment.