Bioinformatician,Human Vaccine Institute
- Contribute to the design, development, implementation, and testing of bioinformatics tools as part of the Duke Human Vaccine Institute.
- Collaborate with teams of researchers and scientists providing bioinformatics training, consulting, applications support and development.
- Develop and implement innovative computational approaches for the analysis of large next generation sequencing data sets generated from state-of-the-art sequencing technologies.
- Develop and implement a high-performance computing software pipeline for the analysis of transcriptomics data.
- Create web-based bioinformatics tools for antibody sequence analysis.
- Collaborate and consult with researchers to analyze problems, recommend technology based solutions, and design computational strategies for a wide range of biological research.
- Assist in the writing and publication process of the research.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Proficiency in Python or Perl. Experience working in a Linux-based environment. Experience with statistics packages such as SAS or R. Familiarity with database systems. Experience with the development of computational tools for sequence analysis. Experience with web design, statistics, and computer science. Experience in a high-performance computing environment is a plus. C/C++ proficiency is a plus.
Requisition Number: 401515695
Duke Entity: MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code: 2895 BIOINFORMATICIAN I
Job Family Level: 80
Full Time / Part Time: FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary: Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas, an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a B.S. in Bioinformatics or the Biological Sciences with demonstrable computational skills; or a B.S. in Computer Science with a strong interest in Biology/Genomics. M.S. preferred.
OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req: ID106696BR