Senior Data Technician,Center for Child and Family Policy
Center for Child and Family Policy Mission The mission of the Center for Child and Family Policy is to contribute to solutions to important problems affecting today’s children and families, through an integrated system of scientific research, debate and dissemination, public service, and teaching. The Center emphasizes the bridge from basic research to policy and practice.
Coordinate and participate in a variety of duties involved in the collection, interpretation and documentation of data in support of a large, multi-year evaluation project.
A detailed description of functional areas and tasks follows:
This full-time position (40 hours/week) will work on the evaluation of the Book Babies program in Durham, NC. The Book Babies program was developed by Book Harvest and provides Medicaid and WIC eligible children and their families with age-appropriate books 2-3 times a year from birth until the start of kindergarten. The goal of the program is to provide books and guidance for parents so they can help develop their children’s pre-literacy and school- readiness skills in order to promote success in kindergarten and beyond. The Center for Child and Family Policy is conducting a 5-year randomized controlled trial that will assign newborns into one of three groups to evaluate the effectiveness of Book Babies on early literacy outcomes and school readiness. Specific activities for these projects will vary depending on the needs of the projects but will include:
- Establish procedures and manage data collection processes at prescribed intervals in coordination with other team members, grant sponsors and research subjects,
- Supervise and work in tandem with project team members in data collection activities occurring in homes, within local schools and at other community-based locations,
- Train new team members and assign/review the work of key research support positions,
- Manage evaluation data including; data entry, coding/scoring and cleaning in preparation for analyses,
- Summarize data to create frequency tables, charts and other graphics used to monitor trends and for CQI purposes,
- Work in partnership with investigators in the preparation of reports to sponsors,
- Represent the evaluation team at meetings with sponsors, assist in the development of presentations and give presentations as requested, and
In addition the successful candidate will possess the following qualities/attributes:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to minute details.
- Strong computer skills.
- Research experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Ability to speak Spanish preferred but not required.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Requisition Number: 401514422
Duke Entity: UNIVERSITY
Job Code: 258 DATA TECH, SENIOR
Job Family Level: 09
Full Time / Part Time: FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary: Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas, an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a bachelor's degree in a field related to the specific position.
Work requires two years of experience as a data technician or related position.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req: ID106551BR