Financial Management Analyst
Responsible for the overall coordination and preparation of financial reports and analyses for specific DCRI business units (Functional Groups, Key Research Programs &/or Therapeutic Areas), including regular review and analysis of financial performance and preparation of the forecast/budget.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Prepare, analyze and distribute monthly and quarterly financial report packages to assigned business unit leaders.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and critical thinking skills in the crafting of relevant executive summaries, outlining notable events and providing reasonable detail for variances.
- Engage cross-functional group teams to improve understanding of the book of business of assigned units and seek to improve operational effectiveness.
- Monitor the financial performance of each business unit versus the budget/forecast, identifying areas of progress and adverse trends, and making appropriate recommendations or conclusions based on these findings.
- Provide findings to leadership.
- Work to resolve problems concerning variances from the approved budget.
- Meet with business unit leadership regularly to review financial performance.
- Anticipate questions and concerns regarding the data and proactively resolve issues as identified.
- Thorough analysis and discussion with FG leaders, understand and explain variances to budget.
- Work with functional group leaders to review and update labor expense information, analyze non-labor spending trends and take the lead in forecasting future expense, as well as explain variances to forecast.
- Assist FG and/or KRP leaders in the preparation of annual budgets.
- Review and analyze budget requests and incorporate changes into the working overall DCRI budget, ensuring both reasonableness and accuracy.
- Input DCRI- approved final budget data into the SAP BPS system, and tie-out to Excel budgets for assigned groups.
- Assist with quarterly forecasting.
- Prepare quarterly forecasts for select business units.
- Coordinate consolidation of forecasts.
- Prepare and reconcile consolidated DCRI metrics and financial packages.
- Project level analysis for select research programs.
- Monitoring project gross margins for overall health and reasonableness.
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis by request.
- Work in tandem with the Project Analysts on transactional duties (journal entries, etc.) as needed.
- Perform other special projects and related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Microsoft Office 2010/2013/2016 (Excel*, Word, Outlook Exchange, Power Point)
- Adobe Acrobat Pro • SAP R/3
- SAP Business Warehouse (BW)
- SAP Budget Planning System (BPS)
- CognosReports • Strong financial systems experience
Requisition Number 401514741
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code 1807 FINANCIAL MGMT ANALYST II
Job Family Level 14
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Work requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or a related field. CPA is desirable.
Work requires four years experience in financial management, cost accounting or a field directly related to specialized area of assignment. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Auto req ID 106664BR