The PACU at Duke Raleigh Hospital cares for our surgical patients post-procedure. Prior experience in surgical / perioperative services or critical care is strongly preferred. Our team is active in delivering exemplary care for each patient to ensure an excellent patient experience, every time.
Work Hours & Shifts:
10pm to 7:30 am (4 days a week flexible days of the week).
May need to rotate to day shift if needed.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
- All three Duke Hospitals have received Magnet designation for excellence in nursing.
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolina’s Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance!
- Tuition Reimbursement & Loan Forgiveness!
As a Clinical Nurse with Duke University Health System, you will make providing service your priority while caring for the whole person in a patient-centered atmosphere. The Clinical Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities. Utilizing the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Plan and provide advanced and/or specialized nursing care for patients in guided by DUHS Professional Practice model participate in the clinical ladder program, educational activities, departmental committees, research projects or other health related projects as assigned. Provide nursing services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of the RN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing. Adheres to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience Required:
- Previous work experience (1+ years) as a clinical nurse is required.
- Graduation from an accredited Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (or higher), Associate's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program is required.
All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete the program within five years of their start date
Licensure, Certification or Registration Required:
- Current registration with North Carolina State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse OR current compact RN licensure to practice in the state of North Carolina required.
- BLS (or higher) certification required.
- Professional specialty certification (preferred).
Pre-employment Physical Capacity Testing Required
Requisition Number 401480417
Duke Entity DUKE RALEIGH HOSPITAL
Job Code 4024 CLINICAL NURSE II
Job Family Level E2
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Duke Health Highlights:
Duke Raleigh Hospital Profile
Duke Raleigh Hospital offers the latest in care and technology in a patient-friendly setting. It has been an important part of Duke Health since 1998 and has served Wake County for more than 35 years, employing more than 1,300 people. The hospital provides 186 inpatient beds and a comprehensive array of services, including the Duke Raleigh Cancer Center, Duke Raleigh Orthopedic and Spine Center, cardiovascular services, neurosciences including the Duke Raleigh Skull Base and Cerebrovascular Center, advanced digestive care, disease management and prevention, wound healing, outpatient imaging, intensive and progressive care, pain clinic, same-day surgery, emergency department and community outreach and education programs. In fiscal year 2016, Duke Raleigh Hospital admitted 8,967 patients and had 190,846 outpatient visits.
Auto req ID 104443BR