Manager, Sterile Processing
Assist in the administration, direction and coordination of assigned activities related to the operations, plans and programs of Duke University Hospital.
- Assist in the administration, direction and coordination of assigned activities related to the operations, plans and programs of DUH consistent with University objectives and purposes.
- Assist in coordinating the development and implementation of assigned programs of hospital services designed to meet the needs of patients, personnel,medical staff and students.Coordinate preparation of budgetary recommendations of assigned hospital programs and activities; monitor,verify and reconcile expenditures of budgeted funds.
- Plan, direct and coordinate activities involved in the acquisition, decontamination,storage, assembly, cleaning and sterilization of medical, surgical and related supplies, materials and equipment utilized in the care and treatment of patients and the operation of DUH Sterile Processing.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and maintain quality assurance initiatives as required by external review agencies to ensure that established DR standards are maintained.
- Establish and maintain an ongoing in service education program in the department.
- Interface regularly with Operating Room staff, advising physicians, nurses and other personnel regarding products, supplies,equipment, services, instrumentation, and other issues necessary to perform designated patient care medical and surgical procedures.
- Monitor and coordinate all activities related to the production and distribution of case carts.Assist the Director of DUH Surgical Services
- in such duties as may be assigned or delegated including analysis of personnel and recommendations regarding policies and procedures.
- Manage various personnel actions including, but not limited to hiring, performance appraisals, promotions, transfers, and vacation schedules.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
In-depth knowledge of the following standards: AAMI, AORN, FDA, JCAHO,OSHA. Word, Excel, Office software and analytical skills.
Requisition Number: 401517088
Duke Entity: DUKE HOSPITAL
Job Code: 5460 MANAGER, STERILE PROCESSING
Job Family Level: F2
Full Time / Part Time: FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary: Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas, an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires communication, analytical and organizational skills.Bachelor’s degree in a related healthcare field is preferred.
Work requires 5 years of experience in a sterile processing, operating rooms or similar setting, including at least 2 years in a supervisory capacity, acquired knowledge of decontamination, and sterilization sciences, case cart systems and medical/surgical supplies and equipment.An associate's degree in an allied health field (e.g. Licensed Practical Nurse, Surgical Technician, etc.) may be substituted for two years of required experience.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Certification as Sterile Processing & Distribution Manager preferred.
Auto req: ID106785BR