Staff Specialist in Art,History And Visual Studies
The staff specialist reports to the departmental business manager of Art, Art History & Visual Studies, and handles primarily financial transactions and reporting. The position will work in close partnership with other administrative support staff in the department.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A PART-TIME, BENEFITS-ELIGIBLE POSITION.
FINANCE / ADMINISTRATION (50%)
- Process reimbursements and procurement card reconciliations for multiple faculty members;
- Prepare purchase orders and coordinate with university vendors, campus IT as appropriate for purchasing and delivery of equipment, hardware, software.
- Process any appropriate financial transactions – such as accounts payable check requests, journal vouchers in SAP R/3, travel and miscellaneous reimbursement forms and any other transaction as necessary;
- Track budgets and expenses for special projects;
- Generally assist the Business Manager with day-to-day financial transactions and administration.
STUDENT PAYROLL (30%)
- Process all hire forms, terminations etc. for undergraduate student workers, and for graduate students in the departmental MAprogram;
- Assist faculty supervisors with monitoring students' time card submission and approval, and tracking students' total hours worked;
- Other payroll transactions as needed.
RESEARCH LABS AND M.A. SUPPORT (20%)
- Process lab- and MA- related transactions;
- Reconcile Wired Lab fund codes monthly and update lab director on expenses and budget;
- Reconcile MA program fund codes monthly and update DGS on expenses and budget;
- Assist with visa requests for international visitors;
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION/TRAINING
- Work requires knowledge of basic mathematical, research and communications principles normally acquired through two years of post secondary education.
- Work generally requires three years of clerical or research experience to acquire skills in administrative responsibilities as well as accepted office organization and communications practices;
- A bachelor's degree in a field of study directly related to the specific position may be substituted for the education and two years of the experience requirement.
- Candidate must be proficient with MS Office software or equivalent office suite;
- Is comfortable with basic accounting principles;
- Experience with Duke University’s financial and administrative systems and procedures strongly desired, such as SAP R/3 (accounting and procurement), iForms (payroll), employee travel and reimbursement procedures, accounts payable procedures etc.;
- Can communicate effectively in a highly multi-cultural environment, has excellent written and verbal skills;
- Ability to take initiative and be proactive in anticipating issues, needs and trends, and to keep up with multiple, overlapping deadlines.
Requisition Number: 401514345
Duke Entity: UNIVERSITY
Job Code: 313 STAFF SPECIALIST
Job Family Level: 08
Full Time / Part Time: PART TIME
Regular / Temporary: Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas, an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires knowledge of basic mathematical, research and communications principles normally acquired through two years of post secondary education.
Work generally requires three years of clerical or research experience to acquire skills in administrative or project research responsibilities as well as accepted office organization,communications and research practices.A bachelor's degree in a field of study directly related to the specific position may be substituted for the education and two years of the experience requirement.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req: ID106585BR