Assistant Director of Admissions
The Assistant Director of Admissions provides student counseling, project management, and coordination of admissions functions related primarily to the Master of Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (MQM) program, reporting to the Associate Director of Admissions. This position works closely with the One-Year Master’s Programs Admissions team to support their efforts in executing on marketing and outreach strategies, counseling prospects/applicants, responding to inquiries, and coordinating interviews and event logistics for the MQM and Master of Management Studies (MMS) programs. S/he also coordinates across the entire Admissions team to provide support for recruitment as needed.
- Serve as the MQM application read team lead, and manage the MQM admissions committee
- Track MQM class profile and make up throughout the application cycle and communicate tracking with the Associate Director and Assistant Dean of Admissions
- Counsel prospective MQM and MMS students and provide information about the program and application process for candidates contacting Fuqua via the MQM Slate inbox, on the phone, or in person
- Coordinate logistics for Virtual Information Session events
- Manage the Incoming Student Website for updates and as a yield tool
- Read and evaluate applications for admission and present to the admissions committee for consideration
- Interview candidates for MQM/MMS
- Participate in the evaluation of admitted applicants for scholarship consideration and manage scholarship reconsideration process
- Travel for recruitment purposes, both domestically and internationally
- Work with the on-campus event coordinator on the planning and execution of special on-campus programs such Campus Visits, Information Sessions, Interviews and Yield Events related to MQM/MMS
- Assist in monitoring social media/blogs such as Facebook groups, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Research new sources of leads based on target audience demographics; conduct benchmarking and keep abreast of competitor offerings/promotional tactics to share with Admissions staff and to generate new ideas for outreach and recruitment
- Support the coordination and outreach efforts to engage MMS/MQM alumni and students, and involve them in the Admissions process as appropriate
- Assist the Associate Director of Admissions in the implementation of admissions processes and practices for the MQM and MMS programs
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree required
- Admissions, counseling, or corporate recruiting experience highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Must be very comfortable in a highly computerized environment, including database management, electronic bulletin boards and e-mail
- Familiarity with WebEx, Zoom, or other virtual conferencing systems
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, Word required
- Social media experience a plus
- Detail oriented, driven, self-motivated, and organized; strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential
Requisition Number 401516952
Duke Entity UNIVERSITY
Job Code 2775 ASSIST DIR, PROGRAMS
Job Family Level 11
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:
Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires analytical, communications and organizational skills generally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree program.
Work generally requires two years experience in personnel, college or university administration, or a related field to acquire skills necessary to provide program management, advising and general administrative support OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE.
Auto req ID 106757BR