Operations Services Center Supervisor
Job Code: 4141
Stanford University IT (UIT) Operator Services Center (OSC) is a 24/7/365 operation that provides call and paging support for information and directory calls, medical and facility emergencies, and on-call critical response team schedules and contacts.
The Operator Services supervisor is responsible for supervising 36 bargaining union operators. Supervisor manages the day-to-day operations and ensures operations are in line with established policies and procedures. Supervisor is responsible for hiring personnel, training of staff, skills training, career coaching, personal development, performance management, and appropriate use of staff resources. This position is under the direction of the Operator Services Center Manager.
Supervisor Job Duties:
- Manage bargaining union staff of 36 operators
- Interpret, implement and ensure compliance with University Administrative Guide and Bargaining Union Guide policies and procedures. Recommend new internal processes, policies, guidelines and procedures
- Evaluate business plans and processes for operational and/or financial effectiveness. Analyze and resolve complex issues and provide alternative solutions as necessary. May lead process improvement for immediate unit or program. Influence leadership on specific recommendations for current operations and future development
- Analyze needs and make recommendations to leadership for changes in staffing, facilities, health and safety compliance, finance, technology and/or administrative functions.
- Manage the finances for area(s) of responsibility which includes developing, monitoring, analyzing, forecasting and reporting on the annual budget
- Represent the department or program's business operations and administrative affairs within the organization/school and/or outside constituencies
- Attend educational workshops, establish networks, benchmark state-of-the-art practices; participate in professional societies
- Conduct shift briefings to provide updates, assignments, training, and uniform compliance.
- Work with staff and manager to identify process and quality improvements
- Research/Investigation of any service issues
- Run and post daily metrics
- Monitor and process Service Tickets in timely manner
- Implementation of process improvements/changes
- Track and monitor employees' attendance on a daily basis and address unsatisfactory attendance in a timely and consistent manner
- Manage incidents of workplace misconduct, progressive discipline with professionalism and in compliance with HR guidelines
- Meet with clients often to ensure client satisfaction
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for a fast pace, 24/7/365 call center operations and metrics, coupled with a high standard for customer service. H/she will lead by example, demonstrating professionalism, accountability, positive outlook, solutions focus, and a drive to ask “why”. Supervisor must be resourceful, work well in a collaborative environment and enjoy their work.
Exceptional prioritization, organizational and problem-solving skills with keen attention to detail, while maintaining flexibility with ever-changing deadlines and priorities
Strong written and verbal communication skills to explain critical processes and procedures
Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills to effectively manage a diverse service center
Strong documentation skills, noting dates, times, and narratives
- Shift work flexibility a must. Primarily work swing shift but may need to alternate shift depending on operational needs.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of direct management experience
- Four (4) or more years working in a fast paced 24/7/365 call center environment
- Supervisory experience of a non-exempt bargaining unit staff is strongly preferred
- Familiarity with the Healthcare industry, including critical code communications and HIPAA laws and regulations
- Previous project management responsibilities, preferably in correlation with a telecom system migration or upgrade
- Demonstrated ability with the call center platform (Avaya and Cisco) and reporting;
- Power-user level skills in Excel, Word and Google Drive
- “Roll-up-your-sleeves” work ethic that drives you to be engaged and solution oriented