Strategy/Process Business Analyst
4 days left
- Full Time
- Want to help Swinburne University transform? Join our growing Business Engagement team
- HEW 9, $111,602 - 118,196 + 17% Super
- Ongoing & Fixed-Term Opportunities , Hawthorn Campus
About the job
The Strategy/Process Business Analyst role (internally referred to as Delivery Analyst) reports to a Business Architect in the Information Technology department. This role works closely with the Business Architect in partnering with business areas in identifying and strategically aligning business changes through IT to deliver key business outcomes.
In this role, you will liaise with key business stakeholders to gain a clear understanding of their business strategy, collaborate with the Project Delivery function, and analyse and define business requirements against which IT will deliver uplift resulting in business value. A major focus for this role will be leading and influencing process improvement activities across Swinburne and leading the implementation of process standardisation and supporting tools.
The ideal candidate for this role will possess extensive process/business analysis skills and experience and will be responsible for driving high standard of customer service and working with stakeholders to ensure recognition of, and responsiveness to, the needs of internal and external clients.
Certification and substantial experience in Six Sigma, Lean and Agile will be highly desirable.
Swinburne is a progressive university that aims to increase Australia’s capacity in science, technology and innovation as the drivers of modern, internationalised economies and workplaces. Our university is focused on high-impact global research, high-quality teaching and active engagement with both industry and the community.
About Swinburne IT
As a thought leader within the University, Swinburne IT identifies opportunities for information technology to simplify, automate and transform the way Swinburne works. Swinburne IT delivers real value to the University by maximising its return on investments in technology.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Substantial experience in developing, improving and implementing business processes, ensuring adherence to standard processes and/or government legislation in a large, complex organisation
- Proven understanding of change and change drivers, responding adaptively to changing organisational priorities and the impact of technological and industry change
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships with key stakeholders and ability to influence key personnel on business practices and in embedding change
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description
- Onsite health services
- Salary package your car parking, superannuation and vehicle lease plans - It can help you get the most value from what you earn
- Hawthorn Aquatic and Leisure Centre (HALC) discounted memberships
Discover more discounts when you start at Swinburne. Receive movie tickets and staff membership options at the Swinburne bookshop. There's news subscriptions and computer and software discounts on offer.
To find out more about the extensive benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit:
Further information, contacts and support
To start an application click on apply at the bottom of this page and submit a resume, cover letter and responses to the above 3 stated key selection criteria ONLY.
Please do not email or send paper applications, all applications must be submitted online.
For further information about the position, please contact Floran Shirzad at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on +61 3 9214 8600 (option 2).
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr. Walter Robles, on email@example.com. For support or queries related to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment, please contact DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au.
Applications close at: 5 pm, Wednesday 21st November 2018