Lecturer in Exercise and Sports Science
School of Physiotherapy and Exercise Science, Faculty of Health Sciences
Continuing, full time
$98,059 - $116,369 (ALB) plus 17% superannuation
In 2017, Curtin University climbed into the top 200 universities worldwide, placing it in the top one per cent of tertiary institutions in the 2017 Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU). Curtin is industry-facing, highly engaged with relevant partners, and a major global player, with well-integrated campuses in Singapore, Malaysia, Dubai and Mauritius.
The School of Physiotherapy and Exercise Science aims to provide outstanding professional education and cutting-edge research. Curtin is ranked seventh in Australia and in the top 100 globally for sports-related subjects in the QS World University Rankings by Subject in 2018. The School has also been named among the world’s top 100 in the latest Shanghai Ranking Consultancy’s global sport science results.
Your new role
A rare and highly sought after opportunity exists for you as a full time, continuing Lecturer. You will experience
- Teaching and research
- Design and delivery of various aspects of Curtin’s Exercise and Sports Science related courses, at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels
- A focused contribution to the teaching within the applied Sports Science and Exercise Physiology units
- Course coordination of the undergraduate program
- A program of research in a related area and supervision of honours, postgraduate course work and higher degree by research students
You will bring to the role
Your broad experience and sound understanding in the discipline of Exercise and Sports Science will hold you in good stead as well as:
- A PhD in a relevant discipline or equivalent
- High level teaching skills and a reflective approach to teaching
- Demonstrated experience / capacity to undertake unit coordination
- Proficiency in use of IT systems and online educational technologies
- A track record of research and publication
What we offer you
Faculty of Health Sciences offers an exciting career path including:
- Innovative work that will make real-world health differences
- Interactions with and learnings from industry, government and academic partners
For more details of Curtin’s employee benefits please visit https://about.curtin.edu.au/jobs/
Valuing Diversity and Inclusion
At Curtin, we are committed to Aboriginal reconciliation, gender equity, diversity and social justice and aim to create an inclusive environment where our staff and students are valued and inspired. This includes a supportive recruitment process; please advise us if you require access assistance.
Explore some more
For further information please contact, Peter Gardner, Acting Head of School on 08 9266 3656, P.Gardner@curtin.edu.au or Curtincareers@curtin.edu.au.
Applications close: 5 pm, Wednesday 21st November 2018
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time.