Assistant Professor/Lecturer/Senior Lecturer, Business Analytics/Information Systems
SALARY RANGE: An attractive remuneration package to be negotiated (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time (36.75 hours per week) and continuing
LOCATION: Melbourne Burwood Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
Deakin Business School and the Department of Information Systems and Business Analytics are seeking to recruit academics to join a team of established colleagues in the field of Business Analytics and Information Systems.
This will include:
- Contributing to the Department's teaching programs at undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and supervision at honours and/or doctoral levels.
- Undertaking and publishing high-quality research in journals of national and international reputation.
- Actively contributing to the development of the Department's research agenda, including a strong performance in Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA).
- Participating in competitive external research funding activities.
- PhD in Business Analytics or Information Systems or a relevant discipline.
- Strong expertise in Machine Learning/Data Mining.
- An emerging research profile in Business Analytics or Information Systems, or a related discipline.
- A research profile underpinned by a publications record in high quality journals.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Professor Rens Scheepers Head, Department of Information Systems and Business Analytics, Tel: +61 3 9244 6568, Email: email@example.com; Professor Dilal Saundage, Director of Teaching, Department of Information Systems and Business Analytics, Tel: +61 3 9244 6480, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 6 January 2019
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.