Tutoring Opportunity, School of Information Systems and Technology Management
Tutoring at the School of Information Systems and Technology Management
The School of Information Systems & Technology Management, UNSW Business School, is currently recruiting tutors for the following courses in 2019:
Term 1 (T1): INFS1602, INFS1603, INFS1609, INFS2605, INFS2608, INFS3634, INFS3617, INFS5710, COMM5011
Term 2 (T2): INFS1602, INFS1603, INFS2621, INFS5978
Term 3 (T3): INFS1602, INFS1609, INFS2603, INFS3604, INFS3634, INFS5710, INFS5978, COMM5011
In addition, the School invites tutor applications throughout the year, for the courses listed above and other INFS courses.
Casual academic staff salary rates are provided in Schedule 2 of the proposed new agreement The University of New South Wales (Academic staff) Agreement 2018
An expression of interest application is open to both graduates and currents students who meet the essential tutoring criteria.
Essential criteria: Undergraduates
Current Information Systems students, including Honours, Combined Degree Students and Bachelor of Commerce students with an Information Systems Major, must meet the following criteria:
- Have successfully completed at least 144 UOC and completed a PASS degree (by the start of 2019)
- Have a WAM of 73 or higher
- Be available from Week 1 to end of Week 10 in Term 1, Term 2 or Term 3.
- Available to attend tutor training
No prior experience in tutoring is required
Essential criteria: Graduates
To apply you will need to meet the following criteria:
- A relevant undergraduate degree for teaching undergraduate Information Systems & Technology Management courses and a relevant Masters for teaching post Graduate Information Systems & Technology Management courses
Highly regarded however not essential:
- Work experience and/or teaching experience relevant to the courses you are interested in being involved with
Lodging your expression of interest
To apply please submit the following:
- A covering letter outlining your interest in tutoring and the courses you are interested in, including PASS leader position (Peer Assisted Study Sessions). PASS leaders do not need to have completed a PASS degree, however, applicants will need to have a DN or above in the course that they are applying for.
- Any related experience you may have
- A Curriculum Vitae which includes any work, teaching and student mentoring experience
- A transcript of your grades
You will need to email your Expression of interest to ISTM@unsw.edu.au
Submitting an Expression of Interest form does not guarantee that any form of employment will be offered to you. As positions become available, suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview.