Associate Professor in Information Systems and Technology Management
School of Information Systems & Technology Management
UNSW Business School
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
- Location: UNSW Kensington Campus, Sydney
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Business School is a leader in business education and research in the Asian region and one of the largest Business Schools in Australia with more than 15,000 students, 500 academic and professional staff and more than 80,000 alumni and partners. The Business School offers a full suite of business degree programs at undergraduate, postgraduate, coursework and research levels, including the AGSM MBA programs and a range of Executive Programs. Its direction is guided by a business advisory council of leading CEOs, chairpersons and other business leaders.
The School of Information Systems & Technology Management at the UNSW Business School comprises over 20 FT academics who are actively engaged in teaching and research. Our research is positioned at the forefront of the discipline and has well developed local and international linkages.
About the role
- $ 152,731- $ 167,765 plus 17% superannuation, salary supplementation and leave loading
Applications are invited for the appointment of an Associate Professor (Level D academic) with an outstanding record of research and scholarship, and demonstrated leadership and research expertise in Information Systems.
A Level D academic is expected to make a significant contribution to all activities of the organisational unit or interdisciplinary area and play a significant role within their profession or discipline. Academics at this level may be appointed in recognition of distinction in their disciplinary area.
The role of Associate Professor reports to the Head of School. Positions reporting to this position include Research Assistants and casual staff as required.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A PhD degree in either Information Systems; Business Analytics; Operations Management or a closely-related business field;
- Experience of teaching technology (programming, database, security, networking) or business analytics courses would be a distinct advantage;
- Expected or demonstrated excellence in publishing in leading Information Systems conferences (e.g. ECIS, ICIS, AMCIS, PACIS) and journals (e.g. AIS Basket of 8 and/or Australian Business Deans Council A/A* under FOR code 0806);
- Expected or demonstrated ability for lecturing, teaching innovation and curriculum development in Information Systems at both undergraduate and/or postgraduate level is essential;
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Professor Lemuria Carter
Applications close: 11.59pm 2 January 2019
Find out more about working at UNSW
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
Please disable "Pop-up Blockers" to view Position Description Document
More searches like this
- Permanent Business & Management Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Sydney
- Permanent Computer Science Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Sydney
- Permanent Engineering & Technology Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Sydney
- Permanent Business & Economics Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Sydney