Research Associate in Chemical Engineering
Organization Name Chemical Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution,seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi andthe UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- The primary purpose of the role is to develop and apply process design tools (gPROMS) including the techno-economic evaluations of novel CO2 capture processes.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
- Conduct the specified program of research as defined by the approved project proposal, under the supervision and direction of the Principal investigator.
- Develop optimization-based model of adsorption process that will allow us to find the optimum flow sheet topology, operating conditions and design
- Advance the field through the development of new approaches and algorithms for material development by design. This will involve integrating results obtained from molecular simulations obtained from complementary work of the project
- Disseminate the findings and results through oral presentation to funding companies in addition to publication in the open literature
- Work in a collegial and cooperative manner with the Principal Investigator and other co-workers in the project, the research team and the funding agency.
- Engage in the dissemination of the results of the research, as directed by and with the support of and under the supervision of the Principal Investigator.
- Support the Principal Investigator and research group in the design and development of the research program for the assigned project and related areas.
- The candidate should train and assist other team members in gPROMS
- Required Qualifications
- MS in Chemical Engineering, or related areas
- Experience in the area of process modeling and simulation of dynamic systems using gPROMS
- Hands-on experience in mathematical programming (optimization) is desired
- Some industrial experience is desired
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae)