Manager, University Governance
- STRATEGIC AND GOVERNANCE SERVICES CENTRE
- ONGOING, FULL TIME, JOONDALUP CAMPUS
- $113,602 - $118,875 (HEW 9)
- PERMANENT RESIDENCY OR AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
As part of the Strategic and Governance Services Centre at ECU, University Governance is responsible for providing secretariat services, corporate governance advice and administrative support to ECU’s Governing Council, Academic Board, other committees of Council, and key University groups requiring corporate governance support and services. A rare opportunity has arisen for an experienced manager with demonstrated knowledge of contemporary governance issues and best practice in company secretariat services to join ECU to lead this team. Working alongside the University Secretary, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with senior leaders at ECU, at a strategic level.
The Manager, University Governance reports into the Director, Strategic and Governance Services Centre. This is a challenging role for a high performing person to work in a rewarding environment.
The primary functions of this position are to:
- support the Director in the role of University Secretary, to provide expert advice, governance and all executive support to the University Council, the University Executive and sub-committees of Council;
- ensure that key groups and stakeholders are fully informed on issues affecting the governance of the University through high-quality, up-to-date information, reports and reviews;
- manage the University's policy and delegations frameworks as approved by University Council;
- provide advice on governance matters to the University community, foster relationships with the Student Guild and support the Chancellor and Vice-Chancellor to report to external bodies on governance matters; and
- lead a small team to provide outstanding, professional secretariat and governance support to Council, its committees and the University Executive.
You will also demonstrate personal attributes that are congruent with the University’s values of Integrity, Respect, Rational Inquiry and Personal Excellence.
Benefits & Remuneration
This full time ongoing position attracts remuneration of $113,602 to $118,875 plus 17% University superannuation contribution.
ECU supports a work/life balance for staff. Benefits such as flexible working arrangements may also be negotiated to meet your personal circumstances.
ECU has an Award-winning Health and Wellness Program and an extensive range of staff benefits across entertainment, financial, health, travel and consumer goods and services.
For information on the benefits of working at ECU, please visit our website Employment Opportunities.
Interested applicants are welcome to call Jo Quinn on 08 6304 2016 for more information.
How to Apply
Please upload your CV along with a covering letter addressing the Capabilities in the Position Description.
Applications close on Sunday 25th November 2018 at 11:30 pm AWST.
PLEASE NOTE: BECAUSE THIS IS AN ONGOING POSITION, APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM CANDIDATES WHO HAVE EITHER PERMANENT RESIDENCY OR AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP.
ECU is diverse and inclusive workplace reflecting the differences in society. Specific strategies and initiatives are in place to address under representation of specific groups. Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified people from all backgrounds.